Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

i cant believe how many people on this forum think this is a good thing. take money away from the students and give it to the dude who is chopping apart our school system. union public schools close, non-union charter schools open in their place. students still dont have the suplise or support they need. teachers are forking over money. a name calling game/witch hunt for "illiterates" has begun with the DPS president the first target. and you are all cheering away like this guy is somehow the saving grace of the system. he's just like any other conultant, clearing house for the boys in charge, in this case J. Gran. This is an easy opportunity to remake the public schools into state-sponsered private institutions. Thats what is really goin on here-- the eventual destruction of DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    i cant believe how many people on this forum think this is a good thing. take money away from the students and give it to the dude who is chopping apart our school system. union public schools close, non-union charter schools open in their place. students still dont have the suplise or support they need. teachers are forking over money. a name calling game/witch hunt for "illiterates" has begun with the DPS president the first target. and you are all cheering away like this guy is somehow the saving grace of the system. he's just like any other conultant, clearing house for the boys in charge, in this case J. Gran. This is an easy opportunity to remake the public schools into state-sponsered private institutions. Thats what is really goin on here-- the eventual destruction of DPS.
    Which can't come soon enough.

By the way, given the general tone of your comments and all the horrible misspellings contained therein [[see, e.g., "suplise", "conultant", "sponsered"), I put the chances at greater than 90% that you're either Otis Mathis or someone who works for him.

Hmmm, those sound like good reads for some of the admins with the district... some of the teachers too!
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitTeacher View Post
    I really need the novels Animal Farm and Lord of the Flies. I need about 180 of each. My porch is lit and covered

what is the holdup with getting mayoral control on the ballot, and getting rid of the obstructionist school board?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2