Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: CPOP is TOAST

Hybrid View

Default CPOP is TOAST

Anybody hear this yet ? My peeps tell me they close doors in July, and have announced this publicly.

Not happy to see another gallery go out of business - but absolutely I hate the owners of this place, so they can take their hillbilly asses right back to Southgate where they came from.

OH NO ! What will Niagara do for work now ?

lmao

I agree completely. I hate to see a gallery go, but C Pop is passed their prime. They never moved beyond the "Contemporary Kitsch" craze. There is life outside of Juxtapose Magazine.
    But their space is beautiful and I hope some other [[better) gallery moves in there.

Actually, my friend who manages there was talking to me about this decision a few weeks back. CPOP is not going out of business, but they are closing up their physical shop. CPOP will absolutely still be around though, via the internet and what not, and they will still have a presence in Detroit's art scene. Don't worry, this isn't another loss in Detroit's chapter!

Mauser, you're funny. I couldn't have said it better.

You guys don't like hipsters drinking champagne and listening to Stun Gun?

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    You guys don't like hipsters drinking champagne and listening to Stun Gun?
    only when they're bi-curious lads who're giving beard growing the old college try.