Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Dabirch Guest

You tell me where I can get a $20 16oz Kobe steak, and I'll buy all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabirch View Post
    You tell me where I can get a $20 16oz Kobe steak, and I'll buy all of them.
    Haha. Oh, you wag, you!

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    A good point, but upscale places are doing very poorly these days. And it's not necessarily what's on the bill at the end of the meal, it's all about perceptions of what the meal will cost. It's the sort of rationale where people will pay $20 for two 8-ounce Kobe beef hamburgers, but not $20 for a 16-ounce Kobe beef steak.

Also, places that were fancy and have gone a bit more casual have generally done well in recent years. [[And a fair amount of successful restaurateurs who've opened comfort-food joints in the last decade have been grateful they did.)
    I don't like Kobe beef all that much. Give me American beef please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2