While watching the Switzerland-Belarus Hockey game earlier this week, I was surprised to see a Kilpatrick for Congress commercial. I thought it was really early to start the 2010 campaign, especially since I haven’t heard that she has any primary opposition, but there it was, kilpatrickforcongress.com. I just had to go check it out to see what she has done for my district since 2008.

There was a link to her house of reps website and a section where she explains the 3 regions of her district:

The Grosse Pointes
Detroit
Downriver

Below is a direct quote from the Grosse Pointes section:

"The Pointes are directly tided to the birth of the auto industry, because the owner and inventors of the American automobile, such as Henry Ford, chose the Pointes as their home /."

Besides the grammatical and context errors [[there is only one owner of the American automobile? I always end my sentences with a /.) I love how she makes Henry Ford a famous resident of "the Pointes." Dingell might be a little upset that she poached him from his district.

Now, I know that she most likely did not right this herself, but it is HER website and she has to know what is on it. To me anyone that put out information to shine light on their area they represent should at least get the information correct.