Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Cass, I respectfully disagree. Two years ago we had thirteen vacant homes on our block of 42 homes. All were sold and rehabed. Currently there are two new ones. In a strong community we can fight blight.

Scrappers are just bloody thiefs. If they want bread on the table get food stamps.

I do agree that it is disgusting what some so called urban adventurers do. I call them vandals.

Stosh Guest

scrappers are a problem yes. but most of these houses would sit for a decade empty anyway. and scrapping is putting bread on the table for the scrappers, bread they probably wouldn't otherwise have.
    I also disagree. Scrappers are thieves, plain and simple. Scrapping a home just guarantees that the home will never be rehabbed, since the materials and damage to the home involved are so extensive that makes any restoration cost prohibitive.

It's a neighborhood issue. If the neighbors allow it, so it happens. If they don't, it's the police's job to come out and arrest. If they don't come, then there's nothing you can do. Unless you want to stop them yourselves.

Umm let's see, how about looters [[scrappers) will be shot on sight?
    Think that might slow em down?

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    Think that might slow em down?
    Slow em down - sure ....... or you might run out of scrappers to shoot. Either way your on the right track.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    I also disagree. Scrappers are thieves, plain and simple. Scrapping a home just guarantees that the home will never be rehabbed, since the materials and damage to the home involved are so extensive that makes any restoration cost prohibitive.

It's a neighborhood issue. If the neighbors allow it, so it happens. If they don't, it's the police's job to come out and arrest. If they don't come, then there's nothing you can do. Unless you want to stop them yourselves.
    I agree 100% Stosh.