Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I question the point of City Airport's existence in this day and age considering the city's decline and all.

However, my experience with metro airport has always been a good one. Shuttle buses were reliable and the TSA people were very respectful. Although I'm sure that if I were traveling there alone, without a car, my experience would not be so pleasant....

Can't find the articles. Was back a few years ago.

City needs to revert to general aviation, small commuter and corporate aircraft. E.McNichols needs to be restored to through traffic.

Selfridge could handle some commercial flights for eastsiders.

City could be a good jump point for both DTW and Selfridge and probably Windsor.

No matter what, they need to drop the 727s and 737s from city before one drops in on a neighborhood. Those aircraft should never have been allowed there.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I really think that the Detroit City Airport is going to make a tremendous comeback. It will take up most of the eastside of Detroit from Conners to Seymour down Gratioit. It might use that much space to be compatible to Metro. I would not be surprise if that plan is in the making
    That won't be possible, especially since much of that area is still relatively densely populated. Now since the city already owns most of the land from French Road to Van Dyke and Harper to McNichols [[and nearly all of those strctures are vacant), it could always use that additional land if more runway space is needed. Perhaps two more diagnol lanes goong up towards the Van dyke/McNichols intersection? The only problem would probably be the indsutrial plants along Lynch and Grinnell,

I always thought Chicago Midway Airport was a good stepping stone for City Airport. It's only one square mile wide and yet has only experienced 25 accidents in the past 35 years. Also their runways all have similar lengths. I always thought tehy oculd use that access p[arking space ot expand the terminal if needed, and use the other side of Conner for additional parking [[if needed) or build parking garages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2