Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I've been waiting for this for days!!!! Someone finally made the reference on Freep.com.

Dear Hajji,

you're embarrassing me.

signed,
    Johnny Quest

Hajji also defended Kilpatrick’s lifestyle in a posh Dallas suburb, saying: “Mr. Kilpatrick is going to have to function in the upper echelons of society. … The clientele he must establish a rapport with are likely to be the privileged and the affluent… Burgers and beer at the local bar is not going to be sufficient.”
    I didn't believe that a mouthpiece would ever suggest that Kilpatrick needed to live a lifestyle based on wealth. If I'm the judge, I'm ordering Kilpatrick back to Detroit on Wednesday. His lawyers aren't doing him justice. When going before the court, the object is to beg for the mercy of the court, not to insult them. Groner should have been insulted that a lawyer would run some jive-ass game about living in luxury yet you owe the city a nice chunk of change.

http://r8rbob.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    I didn't believe that a mouthpiece would ever suggest that Kilpatrick needed to live a lifestyle based on wealth. If I'm the judge, I'm ordering Kilpatrick back to Detroit on Wednesday. His lawyers aren't doing him justice. When going before the court, the object is to beg for the mercy of the court, not to insult them. Groner should have been insulted that a lawyer would run some jive-ass game about living in luxury yet you owe the city a nice chunk of change.

http://r8rbob.wordpress.com
    I could be wrong, but I believe most of his sales calls are out of state? How is anyone going to know what kind of car he drives, or what this house looks like? I'm sure he is driving rentals, and has an expense account to wine and dine. It's not like he's having people over for dinner. Carlita sure as F*%k, dosen't cook!

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    I could be wrong, but I believe most of his sales calls are out of state? How is anyone going to know what kind of car he drives, or what this house looks like? I'm sure he is driving rentals, and has an expense account to wine and dine. It's not like he's having people over for dinner. Carlita sure as F*%k, dosen't cook!
    One of the issues that I had with Kilpatrick early in his tenure as mayor was that he was trying to live a "Diddy" lifestyle at the city expense. Diddy and Jay-Z got big bank. They can live that lifestyle. The mayor of Detroit can not. He used the city credit card to live that life and it was wrong. Kilpatrick is doing what we used to say back in the day, "frontin'" and now his lawyer wants the judge to allow him to keep up the front to impress his customers. LOL

Chuck_MI Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dookie joe View Post
    Here's a question that occurred to me: Since Kwame only has $6 per month left over after all his costs, how are his two lawyers splitting that up? Does Schwartz get $3 and Hajji $3, or does The Schwartz take a 4-2 split? Or are they working pro bono?
    Schwartz has been done with Kilpatrick for a while. He objected to be referred to as an attorney of referrence for the defendant most recently. He's cutting his losses and moving on. He's happily sent this case along to some underling with no more experience than defending drunk drivers in court. Gee, I bet his retainer is cheap.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_MI View Post
    Schwartz has been done with Kilpatrick for a while. He objected to be referred to as an attorney of referrence for the defendant most recently. He's cutting his losses and moving on. He's happily sent this case along to some underling with no more experience than defending drunk drivers in court. Gee, I bet his retainer is cheap.
    I'm wondering what you mean by that statement. Schwartz was in Groner's courtroom, on Tuesday, representing Kilpatrick.

As for the "grow a pair" comments about Groner, I understand the frustration; I have felt it, too.

All along-- while biting down hard-- I have been hoping that the reason for Groner's apparently soft treatment of Kilpatrick was part of a game plan, the plan being to go out of his way, from the beginning, to treat Kilpatrick in as fair, and even lenient, a manner as possible, so that if it eventually became necessary to really put the hammer down, he could not be accused of any kind of anti-Kilpatrick prejudice.

Which would be pretty good thinking, on Groner's part. Many of us-- including Yours Truly, certainly-- want to see KK get the ass-kicking he deserves, but judges can't just do whatever they feel like doing. They must be mindful of how any slip-up, on their part, can lay ground-work for a successful appeal, later.

I'm impatient, too, but I'm giving Groner the benefit of the doubt; I think he probably knows what he's doing.

And, in these last couple of instances, he seems to be getting that hammer ready for action. We'll see.

Ravine, I believe you could very well be right about the judge's "game plan". It is the old "give them enough rope and they will hang themselves " theory. The judge is smart enough to know that Kwame will take advantage of what might appear to be his "weakness". I, to have been very frustrated with this process, but am holding my breath and my tongue, waiting to see what comes next. And it certainly seems as if Kwame's attorney pool is scrapping the bottom of the barrel. No more High Priced mouth pieces...are the rats jumping ship? The "A" team seems to have disappeared, Schwartz was the "b" team, and what team is that greasy liitle Hajii from. [[ sorry, I forgot I was holding my tongue )

Does KK need a lavish life-style? His boss lives in Lake Orion in a nice, but far from grand house. HE seems to be able to do his sales work capably. I have seen that house in person and I have seen KK's house in photos and video and there is absolutely no comparison. The employee is living way far more lavishly that the employer. The boss does not have a pool; there are no fountains as you enter his street. Homeowners obviously planned their own landscaping, bikes, kids' toys etc. everywhere. I'm not sure, but I wonder if we have anything around here that approaches the tony district that KK lives in.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_MI View Post

Schwart has been talking all week. Hajii has been too. But they both seem still very much involved.

Remember Queen's "Hammer to Fall?"
    I hope Carlita packs Kwame an over night bag because I think he'll be needing it after Friday.

I sure hope the Correctional facility staff are sweeping out a cell for the KwamDumpster, I'm sure he'll won't be going to jail in a Caddy, and he'll have that nice one size fits all Orange Jumpsuit. He's defied the entire region and I hope Groner does get a pair of Daffodil bulbs and grows them FAST!

charges are coming down this afternoon, stay tuned.

I hope Groner has been fooling us and has a game plan as previously suggested and comes through soon. Hope the appellate court is going to rule against Kwame and is just waiting until 8:59am Friday to publish their finding. Would like to see the caption on Dookie Joe's photo changed to Groners' favor. The caption as is though is priceless!

addper WWJ:
    Appeals Court Wants More Info About Kilpatrick Case

The Michigan Court of Appeals has asked Wayne County Circuit Court to produce Judge David Groner's written order regarding "the substance" of Friday's hearing that arose from an earlier hearing where Groner scheduled an arraignment.
    http://www.wwj.com/Appeals-Court-Wan...ck-Cas/6444962
    Last edited by kenp; February-25-10 at 01:24 PM. Reason: add link

It's on. Arrest warrant.

http://detnews.com/article/20100225/...trick-s-arrest

In other news, a shiny black Escalade with tinted windows has been spotted speeding toward Mexico.

Default Hearing stopped

Judge has stopped the hearing for tomorrow.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brittz View Post
    Judge has stopped the hearing for tomorrow.
    Unfuckingbelieveable!

thug KK...the Teflon Don!

Why in the world would the appellate court do this? Any insight?

The pdf on the Court of Appeals ruling makes for interesting reading.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.ne...rick-order.pdf

I'm going to throw up. How do these common criminals like KK, BK and CONyers manage to get cases "delayed" over and over??? Weeks turn to months, months turn to years while 'We The People' sit and wait for justice. They steal with impunity and smirk in our faces knowing they will die of OLD AGE before any meaningful justice is delivered to them. Just Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    The pdf on the Court of Appeals ruling makes for interesting reading.
    Motor City Sam, are you referring to language such as this from Judge Fort Hood:

“In this case, defendant’s filing is unconscionable and does not merit serious consideration in light of the nature of the filing. By way of example, the brief attacks the trial court for rendering improper decisions that allegedly cause defendant to be vilified…this challenge as raised by the defense is mere rhetoric that does not warrant any time or consideration, let alone appellate relief…Consequently, although the instant pleadings are grossly noncompliant and inappropriate in light of the time constraints, I join in the issuance of a stay.”
    In other words, your filing was garbage and not worthy of consideration, but since we’re really busy here, OK, we can cancel the hearing. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Motor City Sam, are you referring to language such as this from Judge Fort Hood:
    “In this case, defendant’s filing is unconscionable and does not merit serious consideration in light of the nature of the filing. By way of example, the brief attacks the trial court for rendering improper decisions that allegedly cause defendant to be vilified…this challenge as raised by the defense is mere rhetoric that does not warrant any time or consideration, let alone appellate relief…Consequently, although the instant pleadings are grossly noncompliant and inappropriate in light of the time constraints, I join in the issuance of a stay.”
    In other words, your filing was garbage and not worthy of consideration, but since we’re really busy here, OK, we can cancel the hearing. Wow.
    Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Doesn't make sense, does it?

They got the Teflon Don eventually, and he never left prison. Just hang in there.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Doesn't make sense, does it?
    It makes some convoluted sense. If the hearing goes tomorrow because the Court of Appeals did not accept the filing [[not filing transcrips is like breaking Rule #1) and KK would not go to jail, his attorney [[probably Schwartzie) would argue essentially that the other attorney is an idiot, that a "proper" appeal is going to be filed, and Groner would set a new hearing. The PDF basically says any argument KK makes will be crap...they just want to make sure Groner's ruling is what the prosecution says it is...the C of A has to consider evidence, and the Prosecutor's pleading itself is not evidence. Hence, the transcript.

In sum, one less round of reading pleadings for the C of A, one less hearing for Groner, KK still loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    Why in the world would the appellate court do this? Any insight?
    The appellate court did this because of Monday's ruling by the judge that Kilpatrick return to Detroit for a probation violation hearing. You have to remember that KK's lawyers attempted to appeal Friday's deadline but it was denied. If you like him or not, he still gets due process. Remember this is only a stay not an overruling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast