Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I am in the habit of deposting a couple of small checks from part-time jobs into the ATM. Tomorrow I am call the employees and have them fax me "direct deposit" forms. That will cut down my exposure to need to use these things......
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    Do you have a better idea? The withdrawal-slip-and-standing-in-line routine might work fine if you have no plans for the day beyond getting thirty bucks out of the bank, but my life moves a little faster than that.

I don't about there, but we have ATMs in a lot of grocery stores and gas stations and other businesses, but most of those will charge a fee of 2 or 3 dollars. Most stores like Walgreen's will give cash back if you pay for your purchases with your Debit/ATM/Check Card without a fee.

I will be glad when the authorities releases that femaile HOOD RAT'S name. Don't keep nothing a secret. Throw her in the dungeon. No prison with a televsion, phone, or any other amenities should be honored to her and that old pappy that she was hanging with. His education level was probably like that of a 10 year old. The best thing for both of them is to be flogged in public and then thrown into a dungeon like prison. Her GHETTO BUNNY friends could bring her bread and water; if they are not already in the dungeon

Quote: "Reasonable caution is one thing, but that seems a little paranoid to me."

If you could ask the guy that died, he would probably disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I will be glad when the authorities releases that femaile HOOD RAT'S name. Don't keep nothing a secret. Throw her in the dungeon. No prison with a televsion, phone, or any other amenities should be honored to her and that old pappy that she was hanging with. His education level was probably like that of a 10 year old. The best thing for both of them is to be flogged in public and then thrown into a dungeon like prison. Her GHETTO BUNNY friends could bring her bread and water; if they are not already in the dungeon
    YES and YES again.

I want to see her mugshot.

Excellent points!! While crime is high in Detroit and some areas very high, crime is NOT absent from surrounding areas, coming from "within" those areas OR from people coming "into" those areas to commit crimes. There's no electronic "criminal zapper" fence! Though often police coverage is better in some suburbs.

Plus there's a certain "advantage" to the criminally minded to especially TARGET areas where people FEEL SAFER thereby abandoning caution. So, I am cautious everywhere in measure to where I am, and today I called one of my part-time employees and got a "direct deposit" set up for one of my income streams...
    Quote Originally Posted by Route29 View Post
    Is that two mile radius the force field that protects you from all the baddies?
    Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.
    On second thought, you're wrong. You're fooling yourself into a false sense of security.
    Just where the fuck did you come up with the 2 mile radius thing? Is that how far you figure a hoodlum can run to reach the no-man's-land that is Detroit?
    I can understand Detroit, with its high crime rates and poor police response - those are facts - but two mile radius? You think criminals don't come from other places - and don't have means of travelling more than 2 miles? So you're not going to ATMs in Grossey Pointey? Simply delusional.

I'm so bad I go to ATMs in Detroit. Living on the edge. Maybe I should be more careful and start driving to Macomb Township to make a withdrawl.

People need to understand that there are basic tactics you can use to reduce your chances of being a victim - but these people act like they can isolate themselves from all the evil in the world in their cul-de-sacs and remote and distance ATMs. Sorry, you're never safe!
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-22-10 at 02:17 PM.

Perhaps they've released the names by now....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittz View Post
    YES and YES again.

I want to see her mugshot.

Make that a three mile radius....

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Perhaps they've released the names by now....
    Yes, their names have been released. I saw it on one of the dailies forum. CRS set in I can't remember which one. LOL

Posted: 11:59 a.m. Feb. 22, 2010
    2 Detroiters accused in man's death at ATM

By AMBER HUNT
    FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Two Detroiters face first-degree murder charges in the Feb. 15 shooting death of a 36-year-old man who was pulling money out of an ATM on Grand River, the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office said today.

Charletta Atkinson, 30, and Curtis Byrd, 50, are accused of approaching 36-year-old Richard Joiner outside the Chase Bank in the 18200 block of Grand River.

Part of the attack was caught on surveillance video from the bank's ATM. The video shows a woman approaching Joiner, saying something and opening fire. The woman then appears to try to use the ATM before fleeing in a red Ford Focus.

Detroit police on Saturday said they arrested the two suspects at a home on Morang after getting tips from residents.

In addition to first-degree murder, Atkinson and Byrd both are charged with felony murder, assault with intent to rob while armed and using a firearm to commit a felony.

Contact AMBER HUNT: 313-223-4526 or alhunt@freepress.com.
    http://freep.com/article/20100222/NE...s-death-at-ATM

The recession hit so hard in Detroit that people do will everthing for the love of money!

"The love of money is the root of all evil!"

I support Gay marriage. I believe Marijuana should be legalized. I support a woman's right to choose. And I believe animals such as these need to be put down. Instead, we will spend more on them per year of life they no longer deserve, than we will per year educating our children.

When over whelming evidence exists, both video, physical and eye witness, why would we not sentence these animals to death with no appeals. At only 35 the female could spend upwards of 40 years incarcerated. That amounts to over $800,000.00 That is out tax dollars folks. That is liberalism at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Route29 View Post
    People need to understand that there are basic tactics you can use to reduce your chances of being a victim - but these people act like they can isolate themselves from all the evil in the world in their cul-de-sacs and remote and distance ATMs. Sorry, you're never safe!
    I think you just burst the security bubble of quite a few folks around here who buy into that suburban bliss crap.

Props to the people who turned these pieces of shit in.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    "The love of money is the root of all evil!"
    And a lot of folks can use some more roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "Reasonable caution is one thing, but that seems a little paranoid to me."

If you could ask the guy that died, he would probably disagree with you.
    I don't think this woman and man should be let off easy. Make an example of them. That is not paranoid

Quote Originally Posted by detrola View Post
    When over whelming evidence exists, both video, physical and eye witness, why would we not sentence these animals to death with no appeals. At only 35 the female could spend upwards of 40 years incarcerated. That amounts to over $800,000.00 That is out tax dollars folks. That is liberalism at work.
    Wow ! I guess the folks that were around in 1846 when the first act after becoming a state was to be the first english speaking government to ban the death penalty were just a bunch of 21st century type bleeding heart liberals. Whether you believe in the death penalty or not. I happen to feel that life in prison is a fate worst than death. Death is a quick out for these scum, besides historically there is no positive corrolation between death penalty states and reducing of violent crime.

If you want to use the death penalty as some kind of deterent, then do like the folks did back before Michigan became a state. Make it a block party, sell food get a DJ to spin records. Let the people see who your making an example of, then, maybe the death penalty will have an affect. The way its done now has zero effect on the young thugs with mayhem on the mind.

Back to 1846, the people of the state had good reason to reject the death penalty. There reasoning behind it is one of the things that makes Michigan unique among the other states.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    That is one evil lookin B.

I wish that poor bastards electric window was working, R.I.P.

I happen to feel that life in prison is a fate worst than death.
    Agreed. But I'm also a proponent of absolute isolation. Total solitary confinement. Nothing but you and the four walls. Only human contact would be with the guards for food passed into the cell.

Sadly, this was the son of one of our very own DetroitYes people.

Condolences to his Family.

This is just terrible. Does anyone have information about the funeral?

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Wow ! I guess the folks that were around in 1846 when the first act after becoming a state was to be the first english speaking government to ban the death penalty were just a bunch of 21st century type bleeding heart liberals. Whether you believe in the death penalty or not. I happen to feel that life in prison is a fate worst than death. Death is a quick out for these scum, besides historically there is no positive corrolation between death penalty states and reducing of violent crime.

If you want to use the death penalty as some kind of deterent, then do like the folks did back before Michigan became a state. Make it a block party, sell food get a DJ to spin records. Let the people see who your making an example of, then, maybe the death penalty will have an affect. The way its done now has zero effect on the young thugs with mayhem on the mind.

Back to 1846, the people of the state had good reason to reject the death penalty. There reasoning behind it is one of the things that makes Michigan unique among the other states.
    Well, I happen to believe that if you kill in cold blood, with premeditation, and overwhelming proof proves that you're guilty, then you do not belong on this planet.

Instead, it's gonna cost everyone $800,000.

Why don't YOU pay for that so my tax dollars can go towards something productive [[or is everything going just fine in society?). Since you feel people like this deserve to live, why don't YOU put them up?

{crickets}

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Instead, it's gonna cost everyone $800,000.
    It's been proven time and again it actually costs more to give a perp the death penalty then life in prison. Its a myth that death row is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Agreed. But I'm also a proponent of absolute isolation. Total solitary confinement. Nothing but you and the four walls. Only human contact would be with the guards for food passed into the cell.
    I failed to mention that I am a proponent of super-max style prisons as well. If given a choice between being in a super-max prison for life or being executed, I would venture to say most criminals would gladly pick the latter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast