Paging, Bigb23, et al. Tponetom.

Thank you for your generous comments on my posts. There have been a surprising number of other members who have also made me smile with their responses. I won’t mention their names in this post for fear of omitting some of them.
My dementia is not feigned. It is a prominent and irresistible adversary that I do combat with from early morning, to late evening.
It is all consuming. When I speak, spontaneously, I grab and grapple with simple words that I know so well, but they evade my attempts at discovery and presentation, until 3:00 in the morning.
The advent of the “Word Processor,” in my case, “Word Perfect,” gave me a second life in the forum of communication. I now employ the luxury of ‘pause’ and ‘thought’ to get the right word, phrase, sentence and idea, across to whom ever reads it. And thank goodness for the ‘spell check’ and the ‘grammar’ check, not to mention my prolific library of dictionaries, almanacs, thesaurus, and encyclopedias.
My High School English instructor once admonished me to not be disappointed if only a very few of the audience approved of my speech oressay. He said, “If you only reached one
person out of a thousand, keep going after the other 999. He was so right!
My stories go back 60 years or so and I have to revise, edit, and modernize them to some extent to make them readable.
Presently, I have five unfinished stories that I began some time ago and I am trying to tie them together into one cogent theme.
Working titles:
‘Running the Gauntlet.’
‘Gratiot Avenue, Promiscuous.’
‘We Had It All’
‘Tom Wolfe.’
‘Death and Dad’

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.