Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Made CNN national news as of 10:45 today. Long interview wth Jim Schaefer of the Free Press.
    Here's the link- hit on it to let them know we're interested and keep this story out there:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...iref=allsearch

Sad, really sad. So the new mayor brings back in the same old same old crew. No doubt they are under federal observation too.

I wonder how Kilpatrick sleeps at night. It seems to me that he should be very uncomfortable.

I imagine he sleeps well, he is nuts and a crook.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Claire View Post
    I wonder how Kilpatrick sleeps at night. It seems to me that he should be very uncomfortable.
    Either you are kidding, or you are terribly naive.

Kilpatrick is a classic sociopath. There is no reason for him to be uncomfortable, because that whole "right/wrong" thing is absent from his consciousness.
    Where you, or other normal folks, have that "right/wrong" thing, he has only a "can get away with/can't get away with" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Either you are kidding, or you are terribly naive.

Kilpatrick is a classic sociopath. There is no reason for him to be uncomfortable, because that whole "right/wrong" thing is absent from his consciousness.
    Where you, or other normal folks, have that "right/wrong" thing, he has only a "can get away with/can't get away with" thing.
    No need to be condescending, but you are on target regarding the sociopathic characterization. Unlike the rest of us, who would be very nervous right now with all that is hanging over him, he sleeps like a baby at night and is enthusiastic and looks forward to his glorious future. He gets dumbfounded when the hammer comes down on him, he honestly doesn't understand any of the punishment that is handed to him. That's how it appears to me at least, and it explains his bizarre behavior.

What you just pointed out is exactly why I think he needs to go back in the slammer for a while....he just doesn't get the seriousness of all of this.He is used to getting away with anything and everything and can't seem to grasp that all of that might be coming to an end. Everyone says the city won;t get restitution if he is in jail. I say that the city can wait a bit longer if going to jail will get the ass hats attention, 90 days was not enough, and he learned nothing from it.

Jail is nothing to him, because he's got Warren Evans massaging his shoulders at night and bringing him special meals. That whole jail sentence was a big joke and everyone knows it. Too bad he can't go to jail in another county, like Macomb, where no one owes him any favors and no one gives a damn about who he is. Then he'd really be treated like a prisoner and a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by DanFromDetroit View Post
    Well of course he did - anyone who's followed the recent court developments knows he's dirty. It's just a matter of time before he goes back to the clink. I just wish they'd lock him up and make him go away so the city can move on. Ugh
    Yes everyone knew he was dirty, but the people of the city elected him for a second term. I dont know which is worse, New Orleans with Nagan, DC with Marion Barry, or Detroit with Kwame. They all were bad. Did anyone think Kwame didnt take what he could from the city legal or not? Hell if he ran again today it would not suprise me if he was re-elected again. After all, the reason he was elected was not that he would do the best job, but because he was the "blacker of the candidates". What a way to elect a mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by exmotowner View Post
    Yes everyone knew he was dirty, but the people of the city elected him for a second term. I dont know which is worse, New Orleans with Nagan, DC with Marion Barry, or Detroit with Kwame. They all were bad. Did anyone think Kwame didnt take what he could from the city legal or not? Hell if he ran again today it would not suprise me if he was re-elected again. After all, the reason he was elected was not that he would do the best job, but because he was the "blacker of the candidates". What a way to elect a mayor.

What a way to elect ANY official....

Kwame is a crook?

Well, color me surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post
    Pretty funny how most of you think KK has taken a 'fall'.
    But he did "fall" Johnny. Stop being so cornbread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3