Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by dookie joe View Post
    We've been there and done that. As I showed in another thread, the city set up the Corridor as the red light district in the early '60s. It worked like a charm, although it wasn't much fun growing up in the midst of it. [[Well, I take that back -- it was lots of fun, actually. But I don't think I'd want to raise my kids there.)

That's why any red light district set up by the city would have to be free of honest, hardworking residents. Since there are empty swaths of land througout Detroit, such an area shouldn't be too hard to find.
    The city set up the Skid Row in Cass Corridor.

A real Red Light district would have fine homes with a reception area and bar on the first floor where the customer could have a drink while he makes his selction from the variety offered by the house. The girls would have nice rooms upstairs. The district could have nice walls around it and the cops would make extensive use of wood shampoos to keep the derelicts, pimps, and muggers away from the customers.

Maybe a Red Light district could save Brush Park.

Kercheval from the the Chrysler plant to Alter. That way the Grosse Pointes can share in the fun!!!!

Stosh Guest

For what it's worth, perhaps this could be set up in the strip between the City County building and Wayne County's Guardian.
    Most of the [[figurative) pimps and ho's hang out there anyway.

I think the Corridor has too much potential on its own. Its been slowly getting better and better down there since I first moved there 20 years ago.

Im still pluggin Chene South of I-94.

Theres a new group in California trying to get a bill passed to legalize all drugs. Its touted by many Judges and Law enforcement figures. LEAP http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. I heard on NPR a former Judge involved with LEAP debate a police officer involved in promoting the current drug war. It was pretty frustrating listening to prohibitionist bring up his hand picked statistics every time he was backed into a corner. The judge was way too nice when he could have put him in his proper place.

Im thankful more and more cops and judges are seeing prohibition for what it is and all the harm its done.

I hope you all will check out LEAP and forward the link to friends. I believe if you buy something on Amazon.com through the LEAP site a donation will be made to LEAP.

I wonder why Rev. Winans took the time out to say that Pugh is "not a king...[[but) an elected official".. why was that even necessary? Rev. Andre Spivey was interviewed by the Mich. Chronicle on the controversy and how he sees his role on council- http://tinyurl.com/yaargzb
    I wonder, if/when Detroit council by districts is adopted and implemented, would that help or harm efforts to try and create an adult-entertainment district? Potentially, I could see certain members of council, if the district looks to be located in their area, under pressure by the hyper-moralist crowd..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3