I'm going to start this thread with something of a disclaimer: I mean this thread from an entirely economic standpoint.

With Cass Corridor [[Southern Midtown: with Martin Luther King Blvd to the North, Woodward Ave to the East, I-75 to the South, and the John C. Lodge Freeway to the West) just south of the growing Wayne State, a rebounding Brush Park to the west, Cass Corridor has great potential with its close proximity to the CBD. I can see Cass Ave becoming a walkable friendly corridor coming off of Wayne State resident areas with decent retail to support Midtown's growing population. The Corridor has some great physical assets like Masonic Temple, Cass Tech, and Cass Park. I followed the 2008 Michigan Proposal 1 process pretty closely because I am a firm believer that a more liberal Michigan equates to economic growth and prosperity. If cannabis itself was totally legalized and regulated as an actual industry, economic growth based on marijuana would be substantial. Putting aside the legalities of legalization, if the State of Michigan allowed certain zones for a legal cannabis industry to develop, it would be a real economic stimulus. If Cass Corridor was coupled with the cannabis growing, processing, light industry, cannabis retail, a vital piece of Detroit would become a growth neighborhood. Discuss. Debate