Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Unfortunately most of the posts above are correct. From the arm-chair city planners, to the holier-than-thou attitudes of some. What a nice big dysfunctional family we have here.
    In defense of the "holier than thou", I'd be a bit pissy too if I was ruined financially by trying to actually do something with a blighted building and then had to listen to a bunch of arm chair developers far removed from the city and the state tell me what I did wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Well then don't fucking post on it then. I mean you have no problem advertising your photos here for free. Don't get me wrong because I like seeing your photos here.
    I could be better productive if I didn't go out to the bar to drink on Fridays, but I still do now don't I? It's not meant as an insult buddy, just an honest statement. Think about the hours people spend pissing and moaning here and how that time could be reallocated towards saayyyy.... volunteering or maybe renovating a building.

I'm not going to criticize how other people do their job, just because I don't know how to do their job. If I was an experienced developer the case might be different.

And on a personal note. No one who has ever accomplished anything would want to hold an online conversation with gems like these:

Well then don't fucking post on it then

Perhaps Bailey but I don't understand how arm-chair critics can sink a project. Sure there are some dickheads here who have screwed over possible developers as Toolbox has posted.
    I also know that many people here talk out of their ass when speaking about urban planning. That may be why those involved in certain projects in Detroit have contempt and rightfully so. Who wants to hear someone spout BS about something they know little to nothing about? It gets annoying.
    But then again there are holier-than-thou people here who don't have a clue. [[and I don't mean those involved in this project or those involved in gentrification. Afterall they know the business they are in). I'm talking about shit-heels who bring nothing to the table except their own jerk-off fantasies.

So was any work what so ever conducted at the Vinton when the group of investors had it? It looks to be in excellent shape. That would be a really desirable location for lofts of offices.

Toolbox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    So was any work what so ever conducted at the Vinton when the group of investors had it?
    A lot of work was done on the building. Just don't wait for one of the parties to respond here with particulars.

My sources tell me that one of the MAJOR players in this mess is now tearing up the slopes in Elkhart and harassing the waitresses at the local Applebees.

I agree with Gumby.

I'm not sure it was criticism from urbanists as much as it was legitimate headscratching as to how people with such good intentions can be having such a rough time getting things done. Since it's a landmark in the heart of the city, it's kind of everyone's business to a limited extent. There seem to be some legitimate questions about management and financial planning and whether the building would not be better off in the hands of some other well intentioned developers. These are things that interested bystanders will often chat about. Granted, the parties don't have to answer to a forum of interested and/or obnoxious individuals, but no one forced them to come into the forum.
    Last edited by Mackinaw; February-19-10 at 02:44 PM.

Mackinaw makes some valid points. He's making Tiger Woods look like a gentleman down there in Indiana.

Am I missing something here?

GsGeorge. Sorry if I'm being a little vague, but there are some good upstanding individuals who have really been harmed in the process. Solid citizens. Family men.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Unfortunately most of the posts above are correct. From the arm-chair city planners, to the holier-than-thou attitudes of some. What a nice big dysfunctional family we have here.
    The old infinite monkey theorem states that an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text of a great work of literature, such as the complete works of Shakespeare.

Thanks to the modern internet, we know this is not true.

Exactly what I'm referring to Hermod. Good post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2