Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    Does anyone know why Better Made has decided to keep these chips in a packaging akin to making it look like a generic food brand? Don't get me wrong- this technique caught my eye in its starkness and I bought it just out of curiosity. Its plain jane packaging looks absolutely nothing like the rest of the Better Made brand and I was wondering why.
    It made you look so obviously this reverse advertising worked on some level.

Does anyone remember way back when Farmer Jack's introduced generic food packaging with things like non-descript white cans, black and white type stating what was in the can? No photography, nothing fancy, no nothing.

I recall my dad having generic beer that I think was Farmer Jack brand. It just said "BEER" on it, like a movie mock up. I maybe wrong, beer wasn't nearly as important to me at that time.

One of the rare pieces of advice my father has given me over the years: "Son, if you buy cheap beer you don't have to worry about anyone stealing it."

How's it cheating? It might even serve Better Made better because you ordered it directly from them without any of the profits having to be shared by the party store or market.
    Well, because given the response to these special chips, half the battle was finding places that stocked them when they were available. It may have changed now, but at one time they were only available a few times a year for only a few weeks or so.
    Then I come along and produce bags for everyone with a few simple mouse clicks.

Love the HOT chips.

And I don't know if it's the oddest marketing gimmick in the world but they're packaged in a very non-descript white bag with a very small label on it. It looks completely different from the more colorful regular Better made packages too. It just stands out like a sore thumb in its starkness.
    Someone at Bettermade must have been reading this thread. I saw some two days ago at Westborn Fruit Mkt with new packaging. It's a brown paper bag with the standard Bettermade label on it. It has a rainbow across the top. It described them as "dark potato chips".

I had been looking for NO SALT chips. I knew I'd tasted them before but didn't know which chip company made them. Imagine my surprise when shopping at Meijer - Better Made is the company. I shoulda known!! They are packaged in a white bag. Good stuff!

Just finished a bowl while reading this.They are good.Not salty at all,just a different taste.You know how you will sometimes pick out the burnt ones.Just imagine a whole bag of these.

As of earlier this week, they had a couple bags at Mr. C's on 10 Mile in Roseville. I have never tried them but my brother speaks highly of them. They were in the new packaging that jackie5275 described.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2