Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
Darn, now I gotta make a special trip to Ernie's! That place sounds awesome! I'm planning a "road" trip!
"awesome"? You've just begun to scratch the surface of what that place is about.

Beyond the accolades piled onto him by winning the Best Sandwich Shop in a WDIV poll for the last two years, regulars like Ron Savage of Fox2 swing by there all the time. Just be forewarned that if Ernie gets any more additional publicity such as winning another award, gets mentioned on the various radio & TV shows or gets a healthy write up in one of the local papers- the day after is usually packed with the curious and the lines can become additionally long.

The five dollar sandwich you'll get there will make you a convert. Seriously I can't look at a Subway, Quizno's, Tubby's or Jimmy John's the same again after having one of his sandwiches. Just let the man do his thing when it comes to making you a sandwich; just alert him of any allergies and let him craft you a masterpiece. The energy in that place is magical.

And again, make sure you scope out the Better Made section in there. The place is also cash only so if you have plans on doing debit, Visa, MC or AmEx- it ain't gonna happen. Enjoy the "road trip"!