Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    Like I said, some people just look for anything to make themselves feel better, for some, the highlight of their day is nitpicking people on a message board for making occasional typos. That's why most discussion derails into a display of who can point out the most errors and belittle your original post, rather than actually staying on topic. It's really childish and says a lot more about the person trying to correct you, than it does the poster. Clearly, sumas is one of the more intelligent and educated members here, so why derail the conversation to point out an irrelevant slip? If that same amount of message board passion was shown to the DPS students, perhaps this wouldn't even be an issue.
    My clumsy seventy-one year old fingers cause most of my spelling mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    Like I said, some people just look for anything to make themselves feel better, for some, the highlight of their day is nitpicking people on a message board for making occasional typos. That's why most discussion derails into a display of who can point out the most errors and belittle your original post, rather than actually staying on topic.
    When people point out typos in other threads, it can come off as nitpicking, but in this case, the thread subject is Robert Bobb, DPS and the basic lack of skills in the population here.

A typo would be spelling college "collwge" or "colldge"...Typing it "collage" means you don't know how the word is spelled, or that "collage" means something different altogether. It doesn't make sumas a bad person, but it's germane to the subject here. Spelling and grammar is vital to communicating clearly, if you want someone to know that you meant "university" and not "combination of things."

I can look past typos on a message board, I've been guilty of that too. However, while we are on the subject of spelling, the correct spelling of the word that means "really big" is, h-u-g-e. It is not h-u-g-h.

Not trying to be a spelling Nazi. It's just that there is a poster here that uses the word a lot and they always spell it wrong. Can't be a typo. Just trying to help.

There, I feel better now.

Thanks Thames, feel a little better now. Don't mean to post with bad spelling or grammar. Used to be a bitch about that stuff but realized this is a forum to exchange ideas and opinions, not to write a treatise . Sometimes post just to amuse myself. This is a forum for Pete's sake.

Really do enjoy reading such varied opinions. An education daily! Am always amazed at the depth of people's info. Thanks Lowell! Sumas

For those who would like a list of all of the many, many homonyms in the English language, hear is a sight wear they can be downloaded.

http://www.cooper.com/alan/homonym_list.html

Get the list and torque off the grammar nazis by using the wrong homonym in all of your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    For those who would like a list of all of the many, many homonyms in the English language, hear is a sight wear they can be downloaded.

http://www.cooper.com/alan/homonym_list.html

Get the list and torque off the grammar nazis by using the wrong homonym in all of your posts.
    Homonyms? Who said anything about homonyms?

Quote Originally Posted by Thames View Post
    Homonyms? Who said anything about homonyms?

Most grammar nazi posts are about posters making mistakes rising from using the wrong homonym [[e.g. their, there or fair, fare).

On another site I frequent, there is a standing joke based on a homonym-challenged poster who is long since gone. We always refer to the forum as the Grate Sight [[great site).

Lowell, can we start banning people that can't spell and form grammatically correct sentences? It only makes this message board impossible to follow when you have to spend extra time trying to figure out what people are trying to say. Ban all of them, or institute a spelling test before a person can be a member of this board. This board reflects your upbringing, education, and status in life. If you can be so clumsy as to 'fat finger' a word and not proofread and correct the misspelled word then you are obviously clumsy in all aspects of life. People such as this should have their opinion in life voided.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3