Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

No wonder he's a Texan!
    Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    Point of information: A garnish is something that goes on your dinner plate. When you attach someone's wages, you garnishee them. Also Texas does not allow your wages to be garnisheed - Out of all of the Compuware offices, why do you think that kwaME picked Texas? He knew that little tidbit well in advance.

Yes, he does present as someone perhaps "holding" a trump card or two -- this would explain his positioning. It would/ will be interesting to follow the next fiscal roll out trail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    He will not go to jail. Too many "too big to fail" supporters and co conspirators have much to lose if KK is squeezed hard enough to spill the beans to the Feds.
    Money will be provided, one way or another, to keep KK quiet until the Feds go away.

Is the big silly donut fountain still in Hart Plaza? For that matter, is Hart Plaza still there?

If so, it would make a good gallows.

Is the big silly donut fountain still in Hart Plaza? For that matter, is Hart Plaza still there?
    Yes. Watch the banners at the top of the page to see pics of it.

That's pretty ugly. We don't need to go down that road even is jest. The man just needs to pay his restitution...
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

If so, it would make a good gallows.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Yes, Isamu Noguchi's fountain is still here.
    Silly? Not sure I follow you...

Perhaps the kilpatricks should be forced to live
    in the Belle Isle Aquarium.
    It's empty isn't it?

With as much dissapointment this man has caused me , I say send him to somewhere where his Caddy gets stolen, His wife and kids gotta shop at Foreman Mills and he does get locked up with no perks.
    If there is such a law, Let it be said that I favor He NEVER HOLD a public position again. But as with Marion Berry things get forgotten. Was watching Let it Rip yesterday and heard one of the panel Sam Hood? bring up the fact that it was Black History Month and Kwame , Sam ,and Monica were all in court as if it were degrading to African Americans that they are in court in the month of Febuary.
    That had to rank as one of the more stupid things I have heard,saw, and yes have wrote.
    Kwame is a thug and needs to pay up or pay the price.

Let him run for office in Texas and do what he did here. They still have chain gangs.

Actually, I think we are well rid of him. While he claims indigence, I say he is morally bankrupt.

Total weasel!

Er-uh, ah-hmmm... Hah-that's a vision... Texas has it's own issues and corruption no doubt, but they're not tryna' have no yankee roll-up down there there with their mess and their assembly of Detroit templated-boiler plate mess. KK will/ would KNOW this soon, were he so disposed to excercise the idea. It's not same down there as it is up here! He'd learn fast that some of their seeming friendliness is mere superficial "southern" politeness relative to his pattern[[s). No Detroit "stylie" down there....... NOT! Some things are not transferable.
    Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Let him run for office in Texas and do what he did here. They still have chain gangs.

Actually, I think we are well rid of him. While he claims indigence, I say he is morally bankrupt.

Total weasel!
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-13-10 at 09:27 PM.

Judge Groner never seems to be in a rush to rule on a motion. It has already been a week. I wonder if he is waiting to rule on this one until the last moment so that it makes it difficult for KK to file an appeal?

On a Fox 2 report on a lenghty radio report, Kilpatrick is saying he does not have the $70,000+ he is suppose to pay soon. He also says it's time for Detroit to stop "focusing" on him... what a self-involved comment. All of this is "self-induced" and I know he rues the day he claimed he could only pay $6.00 per month, compared to this!!!!! Didn't he process it the possible outcome[[s) thru... Talk about sugar to stink -- in terms of quadrupling ones problems... he has a law degree... yet was poorly advised..... see link below:

Kwame Kilpatrick Gives Lengthy Radio Interview, Speaks of Good He Did for Detroit

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...adio-interview

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    Judge Groner never seems to be in a rush to rule on a motion. It has already been a week. I wonder if he is waiting to rule on this one until the last moment so that it makes it difficult for KK to file an appeal?
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-16-10 at 05:47 PM.

MIWP Guest

Make KK poor! Humble that crooked bum! I would like to see his family at the store with a WIC card in hand and driving a piece of crap junk car. Maybe his family can move into a one or two bedroom apartment in the Cass Corridor... Make him pay every dime till he is broke looking for a minimum wage job and waiting for buses because his wife has the car to take the kids to Detroit Public Schools and crappy grocery stores in the city. "Make him Humble!" Quote by The Iron Sheik

I guess not. I knew that would happen if I didn't wait till the end of the day to post!!!

Kilpatrick loses bid to delay $79K repayment

http://freep.com/article/20100216/NE...-79K-repayment

Ravine Guest

I, with some sense of reservation, was delighted to hear this news, today.
    The reservation came from wanting to hear the "Or What?" segment of this judgment.
    I will say that which I have been saying, and will continue to say: the only way to get this criminal's attention is by taking him into custody and placing his arrogant, scoff-law ass into a jail cell.
    Anything short of that will allow this circus to run as a perpetual thorn in the side of those of us who are not willing to "move on" from KK's reprehensible spree of self-advancing criminal activities.
    And those folks who support the idea of "moving on" may be momentarily forgetting to consider where they would be if they had committed just 10% of the shit KK has, so far, gotten away with.
    I believe that a significant part of "moving on" involves having seen justice invoked, and carried out, to whatever extent is available and appropriate.
    We're not there, yet, so I'm not "moving on" one goddam step. Oh, no. Not anytime soon. If one of my boys had done any of that stuff, Mrs. Ravine & I would be taking regular trips to the penitentiary with little packages of soap and cookies and stuff.
    Last edited by Ravine; February-16-10 at 07:47 PM.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ravine View Post
    i, with some sense of reservation, was delighted to hear this news, today.
    The reservation came from wanting to hear the "or what?" segment of this judgment.
    I will say that which i have been saying, and will continue to say: The only way to get this criminal's attention is by taking him into custody and placing his arrogant, scoff-law ass into a jail cell.
    Anything short of that will allow this circus to run as a perpetual thorn in the side of those of us who are not willing to "move on" from kk's reprehensible spree of self-advancing criminal activities.
    And those folks who support the idea of "moving on" may be momentarily forgetting to consider where they would be if they had committed just 10% of the shit kk has, so far, gotten away with.
    I believe that a significant part of "moving on" involves having seen justice invoked, and carried out, to whatever extent is available and appropriate.
    We're not there, yet, so i'm not "moving on" one goddam step. Oh, no. Not anytime soon. If one of my boys had done any of that stuff, mrs. Ravine & i would be taking regular trips to the penitentiary with little packages of soap and cookies and stuff.

+1

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFreddy View Post
    Perhaps the kilpatricks should be forced to live
    in the Belle Isle Aquarium.
    It's empty isn't it?
    They deserve to live in one of the neighborhoods. Keep them the hell out of the aquarium.

Apparently, Mamma Cheeks Kilpatrick got a bunch of friends together to hold a bake sale for Y'all's Boy last Friday. I Wonder if they raised $79,000?

Will he have to pay %30 of that gift too?

Former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick may not be running for public office anytime soon, but some of his friends and family are still reaching out to Detroiters for support -- at least the monetary kind.

Family members -- including Kilpatrick's mother, U.S. Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, a Detroit Democrat -- were gathered at Butcher's Inn Tequila and Margarita Bar on Friday. They told some close friends they would be collecting cash to help the former mayor with mounting legal bills and a looming restitution deadline.
    http://freep.com/article/20100216/NE...seek-donations
    Last edited by leland_palmer; February-16-10 at 11:19 PM.

I Wonder if they raised $79,000?
    Of course they did. Yep. Uh huh.

You don't think he has that kind of money just laying around, do you?

bartock Guest

Apparently, Mamma Cheeks Kilpatrick got a bunch of friends together to hold a bake sale for Y'all's Boy last Friday. I Wonder if they raised $79,000?

Will he have to pay %30 of that gift too?

http://freep.com/article/20100216/NE...seek-donations
    Yeah, "clever" that Kwame will now magically come up with the money and say it was raised during his "fundraiser" that momma describes as not quite being a fundraiser and what will be portrayed as support from the citizens of Detroit when reality it is probably the usual suspects [[businessman, preachers, family members on nonprofit fund boards).

Isn't this the second fundraiser KK has had at the Butcher's Inn? I wonder what is going on with that...Butcher's has only been reopened for like a year, and was being renovated during the whole, text, etc., thing. Maybe there's no connection.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    Yeah, "clever" that Kwame will now magically come up with the money and say it was raised during his "fundraiser" that momma describes as not quite being a fundraiser and what will be portrayed as support from the citizens of Detroit when reality it is probably the usual suspects [[businessman, preachers, family members on nonprofit fund boards).
    Yes, exactly. I believe the purpose of the "fundraiser" is not so much to raise funds as it is to provide a plausible explanation when Kwame suddenly comes up with that kind of money out of nowhere. I believe he still has a ton of money that he skimmed off the top and has stored in offshore accounts. His cut of all of the projects thrown Bobby Ferguson's way -- that alone is enough to make him a multi-millionaire.

Toolbox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    They deserve to live in one of the neighborhoods. Keep them the hell out of the aquarium.

I say make him move into the house next to Sumas.

Question is what will the judge do on Friday?

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    Question is what will the judge do on Friday?
    In my opinion, his a$$ should be thrown in jail for contempt of court. I can't help but think that if this were Joe Sixpack, he certainly wouldn't have been given all the considerations that thug KK has been afforded.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast