To kick off its Re:Visioning Downtown Windsor series, the Downtown Windsor Business Improvement Association is hosting a FREE viewing of the film “My Tale of Two Cities” at the historic Capitol Theatre in downtown Windsor, 7 p.m., Friday, Feb. 26th!

Having delighted audiences at film festivals across the U.S., My Tale of Two Cities is a funny, heartfelt, and hopeful comeback story about people and cities reinventing themselves. The film not only tells the tale of Pittsburgh’s recent inspiring re-vitalization as a city called “a model for the future” at the recent G-20 economic summit, it also explores a personal journey about returning home and coming to terms with the past.

My Tale of Two Cities is told through the eyes of screenwriter [[St. Elmo’s Fire) and TV writer/producer [[Saved By The Bell) Carl Kurlander, who returns to Pittsburgh from Hollywood after receiving an offer to teach at the local university.

Finding both himself and his hometown in mid-life crisis, Kurlander set out on a Don Quixotesque quest to make a film to help his city. Carl asks his neighbors – from the famous [[Steeler Franco Harris, Teresa Heinz Kerry) to the not-so-famous [[his old gym teacher and the girl who inspired St. Elmo’s Fire) how this once great industrial giant, which built America with its steel, conquered polio and invented everything from aluminum to the Big Mac, could reinvent itself.

“My Tale of Two Cities” is bound to resonate with and inspire the local audience, as they will find many parallels to Windsor’s [[and Detroit's) current economic woes and creative efforts to forge a new path.

PANEL DISCUSSION FOLLOWS SCREENING
A panel featuring Carl Kurlander and local visionaries, will discuss, “What Windsor Can Learn From Pittsburgh’s Comeback”. The audience is welcome to participate through an open mic forum!

Free Tickets are available at the Downtown Windsor BIA office, 474 Ouellette Avenue, Milk Coffee Bar, 68 University W., Pause Café, 74 Chatham St. W., and Ray & Kim’s Super Convenience, 352 Ouellette, and at the Capitol Theatre, University Avenue at Pelissier, on the night of the show.