The defense played well for the most part. Stopping an elite team like the Pats after your offense makes mistakes is a tall order for the majority of defensive units in the NFL. Suh, Spievy and Vanden Bosch earned their pay.
Right now, the Lions do not have a consistent or threatening running game; add the fact a competent, but weak armed backup is starting doesn't leave much room for error. Putting together a high-octane offense doesn't happen overnight.
Schwartz is in a situation where losing has been a tradition and changing that also takes time. Firing him and bringing in someone else to start from scratch only ensures more inconsistency and forces the team to embrace a different philosophy.
I can understand the aggravation...I was a die-hard Oilers fan who met many a death on Sunday afternoons during the 80s. Then the team moves to Tennessee, goes to the Super Bowl and damn near wins it.
I admit I know nothing about Ford or how he runs the team; the most obvious was keeping Millen around far too long.
Give this coach and his staff a chance. A REAL chance that is. Jimmy Johnson made mistakes galore his first few seasons with the Cowboys, then wound up building a power house.