Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by menckensghost View Post
    This copper might be as bent as a crazy straw, but I'd still rather live in a nation where we ask questions first and destroy peoples lives later.
    Sure, that's nice, but what does this have to do with contract provisions or employment law?

I guess Detroit's Police Chief doesn't like this "suspension with pay" idea as well.

http://bit.ly/aTUhEv

^^ What is the legitimate link? I don't click links where I can't see the true destination URL.

Everyone has brought up good points. I guess I will think about it somemore. However I must say I support unions. My Dad was white collar, middle management for Chrysler. Every time the union gained ground so did he.

Meddle, here's Eastside's link which directs to freep.com: Police chief Evans fumes over Detroit cops' paid suspensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I also agree that if you're suspended, you should not be paid. The pay can go into Escrow, and if you're cleared, you'll get it. We're talking about a public servant who is accused of defrauding the City and the taxpayers.

"Innocent until proven guilty" applies in court, not in employee/employer relations.
    In the mean time he has lost his house to foreclosure, his utilities have been shut off, and he hasn't eaten in 3 months. Sounds like excessive punishment especially if he is found not guilty.

Like I said I am still pondering this. Went to a friends house last night and asked them. They both said definitely pay while on suspension, They also said if found guilty they must return that pay. Interesting dilemma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2