Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Krogers has on line coupons so if you buy the items you select within a certain time frame with your Kroger card you get an automatic discount.

Pet peeve is the check writer who waits to START writing the check only when the cashier has finished ringing up. You already know the date, who to, and any of the other stuff the retailer wants on that check when they parked the car in the lot. Just fill in the amount and sign the miserable thing. Then they have to fill in the check register.....................

Quote: "Krogers has on line coupons so if you buy the items you select within a certain time frame with your Kroger card you get an automatic discount."

Ahh, there ya go..

) I don't use self-scanners. Too easy for the store to come after you and claim you missed something. They help put people out of work. Hire some cashiers and open a few more check lanes to help your customers.

) It would be very easy to control the item limits. The register in those lanes could be programmed to stop at the selected limit. No more than that number could be scanned.

) I watched Kroger's prices more than double from one week to the next when they started the card system Literally. I had the sale paper from the week before the system was started and the first week of it. Most items doubled in price, some nearly tripled. I had it in print and could compare them side by side. I haven't been to Kroger since.

littlebuddy Guest

I would think it is best to avoid any kind of physical interaction with people who are stupid and rude, even if it would make you feel much, much better. The trouble is even saying anything to anyone today invites a physical altercation. Maybe just dropping your stuff on a shelf and telling the store manager and writing the company to complain about store personal not doing their job and that you will you shop at other places might wake them up, but i think it is a long shot nowadays.

Speaking of being in line, have you ever wanted to do what is shown in this video? Your going to love it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-cdK3eTPw4

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    ) I don't use self-scanners. Too easy for the store to come after you and claim you missed something.
    That would never happen. Unless you were blatantly stealing, they would let you leave over an improperly scanned item without making a big deal. I'm not sure how you could mess up though. They have sensitive scales and you have to tell the machine whether you are using your own bag for your groceries. Even then, they can actually see what you are doing.

I hate the fact that the machine is doing the work that a person could do, but at the same time, I've heard that many of my local grocers that installed the machines have not reduced the number of employees, but have actually hired more. I'm assuming to handle other store services. Not sure what the case is with stores in Michigan though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    The last straw, was when a lady friend and myself were shopping at Costco a few years ago, and some miserable old frump, slammed her cart into ours intentionally, and cut my friends hand, as she had it over the side looking the other way. I was livid, and I let the frump know my opinion on her thoughtlessness. Then we each blamed ourselves for being there to begin with.
    Stash, don't you know that Costco has been granted corporate sainthood by the liberal elite. You aren't allowed to criticize Costco and the enlightened beautiful people that shop there. Save your criticisms for the EEEEVULLL Walmart and the knuckle draggers and mouth breathers that shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Coupons? Really? Would you personally be willing to send me $5 - $10 per week to make up the difference in savings that our family would no longer get after you banned coupons?
    We are dedicated couponers as well. We have the coupons out and ready in the same order in which we put the items on the conveyor. When writing a check, we have the checkbook out and the check prepared as much as possible before reaching the cashier. If we pay by credit card, the credit card is in our hand ready to give the cashier as soon as she rings up the last item. We try not to make twenty people stand in line while we root through our purse or pockets for checkbook, credit cards, or cash.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Krogers has on line coupons so if you buy the items you select within a certain time frame with your Kroger card you get an automatic discount.
    Most of the coupons people use are "manufacturer's coupons" as opposed to "store coupons". Those of you who still get Sunday papers get an endless supply of the manufacturer's variety.

Quote Originally Posted by punky1 View Post
    Pet peeve is the check writer who waits to START writing the check only when the cashier has finished ringing up...
    No, Punky. When the cashier has completed the ring up and has finished bagging all of the groceries, that is the signal for the customer to begin rooting around in a bag big enough for a weeks worth of clothes to find an elusive checkbook and an even more elusive pen.

"Almighty, this is Hermod of PBR Streetgang.... theres a *&$@# with 16 items in the 15 item lane. Commence the bombing."

Only two times in my life have I lost my temper in a store. Once I was in line at a meat deli counter [[they did not have a number machine) and some old witch insisted she be served first. The other time was a long line at a check counter and someone tried to take cuts. It was so abnoxious I left my cart and walked out of the store.

For good old brawls though you couldn't beat Downtown Days at Hudsons. Those ladies would get into fist fights over "bargains"

Mostly I am patient though. It is generally the elderly that have difficulty with check books, coupons etc. I can wait, someday I'll be old and befuddled too. Try for some kindness.

Quote: "Stash, don't you know that Costco has been granted corporate sainthood by the liberal elite. You aren't allowed to criticize Costco and the enlightened beautiful people that shop there. Save your criticisms for the EEEEVULLL Walmart and the knuckle draggers and mouth breathers that shop there. "

LOL, I didn't realize all that, but I don't shop there anymore. That is a great place to shop if you're trying to gain weight. Everything is fattening and the portions are all way too large. A friggin Pumpkin Pie in there weighs like four pounds. Who needs a gallon of maple syrup in their refrigerator? It will go bad, so you use it faster -get fat. Also, often what seems like a great buy, if one breaks out the price per ounce etc on some things, it isn't much of a savings. They use round numbers to trick people. Also, their TV's etc, you have to watch as well, many times they are discontinued models. After shopping at Costco for a number of years, my consensus is they are really nothing more than a wholesale liquidator for manufacturers and distributors. I could be wrong. Walmart actually has better prices in my experience. My biggest beef with that store was having to pay 60 bucks a year to shop there and having to wait 30 minutes in line to check out and more than half the registers were closed.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; February-14-10 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    My biggest beef with that store was having to pay 60 bucks a year to shop there and having to wait 30 minutes in line to check out and more than half the registers were closed.
    You should shop Costco here in Florida when the bus from the "over 55" community dumps a mob of ditzy women into the store just as you arrive.

There is some entertainment value to it. Watching an 80 year old Jewish retiree from New York City with elbows sharpened from years of living in Manhattan outduelling a Haitian illegal in the mob scene by the free samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    You should shop Costco here in Florida when the bus from the "over 55" community dumps a mob of ditzy women into the store just as you arrive.

There is some entertainment value to it. Watching an 80 year old Jewish retiree from New York City with elbows sharpened from years of living in Manhattan outduelling a Haitian illegal in the mob scene by the free samples.
    Huh??? Ditzy women...55 and over? You have got to be kidding me. What are you "old school"? You don't know who your dealing with here buddy. I can't believe you even made a statement like that WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Huh??? Ditzy women...55 and over? You have got to be kidding me. What are you "old school"? You don't know who your dealing with here buddy. I can't believe you even made a statement like that WTF!
    My wife and I are both well over 55 [[65 and 71). You have to see one of these bus arrivals to truly appreciate it..

Haikoont Guest

How can you tell if someone is an "Haitian Illegal"? Skin color?

Quote Originally Posted by Haikoont View Post
    How can you tell if someone is an "Haitian Illegal"? Skin color?
    Most are either illegal or entered illegally and got "legallized" by shady lawyer tricks.

Haikoont Guest

Most are either illegal or entered illegally and got "legallized" by shady lawyer tricks.

Again, how can you tell that they are "Haitian Illegals"? I wasn't asking for your opinion, I was asking how you could tell someone's 1. Ethnicity and 2. immigration status just by looking at them.

Again, how can you tell that they are "Haitian Illegals"? I wasn't asking for your opinion, I was asking how you could tell someone's 1. Ethnicity and 2. immigration status just by looking at them.
    When you have spent thirteen years navigating the immigration process [[to bring my wife's non-white sister to the US doing everything legally) you get a real good feel as to who has "jumped the line".

Assuming a Haitian marries a US citizen, he/she comes here quickly. About three to four years to bring the Haitian parents to this country. Thirteen years to bring adult brothers and sisters to this country. How has the Haitian population of Florida jumped ten fold in the last fifteen years? The only answer is massive illegal immigration.

An anaolgy would be assuming that those people wearing Detroit Tigers baseball caps are Tigers fans. Not 100% accurate, but pretty close to the mark.

Haikoont Guest

When you have spent thirteen years navigating the immigration process [[to bring my wife's non-white sister to the US doing everything legally) you get a real good feel as to who has "jumped the line".

Assuming a Haitian marries a US citizen, he/she comes here quickly. About three to four years to bring the Haitian parents to this country. Thirteen years to bring adult brothers and sisters to this country. How has the Haitian population of Florida jumped ten fold in the last fifteen years? The only answer is massive illegal immigration.

An anaolgy would be assuming that those people wearing Detroit Tigers baseball caps are Tigers fans. Not 100% accurate, but pretty close to the mark.
    Oh, okay. That's what I was wondering. You could have just said, "Whenever I see someone that's not white, I just assume that they're illegals from Haiti". Or, you could have just said, "I stereotype everyone that doesn't look like me". Or, "I have a 'real good feel' to justify my racism".

Now let me ask you this...What is your perception when you see a black person, or Asians?

Also, that is the stupidest analogy ever and does nothing to justify your racist thoughts.

Oh, okay. That's what I was wondering. You could have just said, "Whenever I see someone that's not white, I just assume that they're illegals from Haiti". Or, you could have just said, "I stereotype everyone that doesn't look like me". Or, "I have a 'real good feel' to justify my racism".

Now let me ask you this...What is your perception when you see a black person, or Asians?

Also, that is the stupidest analogy ever and does nothing to justify your racist thoughts.
    1. I can quite readily differentiate between native African-Americans, Jamaicans, and Haitians.

2. I can also differentiate between Vietnamese, Cambodian, Filipino, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean Asians.

3. I have six people living in my house and I am the only white.

4. My discrimination is based on culture, not skin color. There are defective cultures in the world and Haiti probably leads the pack.

Hermod? I think i smell one of those FLA trolls who got booted last year

80 year old lady with "sharpened" elbows from living in Manhattan?

Funny...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast