Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I hope he walks and Monica gets FIVE.

From all that I've seen sounds like he's guilty, but I've seen media coverage, and not all the evidence and defense arguments. Whatever the jury does I hope they get it right.

Monica Conyers is the only PAID public official who had been exposed of being involved so far.

Am I missing something? It seems that the case would have been open and shut if MonCon testified - Why didn't she?

Prediction: Sam walks on the Federal charges, but gets convicted for the ADW against Waters - What a dumb a**!

Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    Am I missing something? It seems that the case would have been open and shut if MonCon testified - Why didn't she?

Prediction: Sam walks on the Federal charges, but gets convicted for the ADW against Waters - What a dumb a**!
    Isn't that case with Ms. Waters a federal one also? I heard the same prosecutor is in that case. I hope the jury reaches a decision today.

We don't know what the jury split is on the verdict, whether it's a majority for or against conviction. If the jury remains hung, how the jury voted will probably determine whether there will be a retrial.

Monica Conyers is too much of a wild hare to be put forward as a witness. She's capable of saying any damn fool thing and undermine the prosecution's case.

The Mary Waters case would not be in Federal courts. That was a local matter.

Ravine Guest

I'm no supporter of Sam Riddle, but when I see the shit Kilpatrick is being allowed to get away with, I'm not sure I see much moral justification for even asking Riddle any questions, much less charging him with any crimes and trying him for them.

Ravine Guest

I mean, what the hell. If Kilpatrick is going to be allowed to make wild fuckmonkeys out of all the judges & prosecutors, I say tell Sam:
    "Mr. Riddle, six months [[suspended,) restitution of $1.38, watch your drinking. The defendant is free to go, case closed, Court is adjourned."

If I'm not mistaken, it all boils down to a federal case vs a state case? I don't think Kwame could grasp for as many straws if it were a federal case.

I could imagine some of the issues that the jury may have.

1) He was not an elected official
    2) He was employed by the elected official who was doing the shaking down.
    3 The government used overkill [[evidence against Conyers) to prove their case against him.

Riddle is no angel and he did receive bribe money because of his association with Conyers, but he wasn't elected to serve the people. He served at the pleasure of his boss. The jury may issue that they could sent him to jail for 20 years for the actions of his boss. It's something to think about.

Rumor has it that one person is holding up a verdict.

What are the demographics of the twelve who were selected as the final jurors?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    I'm no supporter of Sam Riddle, but when I see the shit Kilpatrick is being allowed to get away with, I'm not sure I see much moral justification for even asking Riddle any questions, much less charging him with any crimes and trying him for them.
    It's apples and oranges, Kwame vs. the Riddler, tho' it is indicative of the culture of corruption that pervades city government from Kwame's lies to Monica/Sam's bribes and extortion to phantom public school employees to Arthur Blackwell's double dipping. You may be charmed by the Riddler but he's a political opportunist who seeks to cash in on his position of power and the purse e.g. Monica, Mary Waters and the Southfield council member. You should be calling for a code of ethics in Detroit government with zero tolerance instead of the sliding scale of justice you now seek to use to justify the Riddler's crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    We don't know what the jury split is on the verdict, whether it's a majority for or against conviction. If the jury remains hung, how the jury voted will probably determine whether there will be a retrial.

Monica Conyers is too much of a wild hare to be put forward as a witness. She's capable of saying any damn fool thing and undermine the prosecution's case.

The Mary Waters case would not be in Federal courts. That was a local matter.
    Eno the pawnshop case I think is federal. I was not posting about his bad boyfriend case in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Riddle ...did receive bribe money because of his association with Conyers, but he wasn't elected to serve the people. He served at the pleasure of his boss.
    "Riddle did receive bribe money" seems to be sufficient for a conviction. It seems pretty straightforward to me. Whether he was elected or not does not seem relevant.
    Last edited by Downtown Lady; February-11-10 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittz View Post
    Eno the pawnshop case I think is federal. I was not posting about his bad boyfriend case in Detroit.
    Pulling a gun = "bad boyfriend"? Understatement of the year.

Yeah, I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Pulling a gun = "bad boyfriend"? Understatement of the year.
    Thank you. Aren't you glad/lucky it wasn't pointed in your face!

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Yeah, I think you're right.
    I heard the same FBI men are working both cases. I did forget about the case with his lady. I think he will be convicted in the bad boyfriend case. JD is a powerful liquid.

Fortunately, I never acquired a taste for the harder stuff.

Thank you. Aren't you glad/lucky it wasn't pointed in your face!
    Huh? I'm not sure why you're thanking me -- I was criticizing your use of the phrase "bad boyfriend". And I'm not quite sure why we're talking about a gun being pointed in my face? I can't tell if your post is oblivious or if it's hostile.

???
    Last edited by Downtown Lady; February-12-10 at 12:49 AM.

A hung jury for Riddle's case put their matters in RACE CARD's while others jurors put their matters of right or wrong before the evidence.

I don't understand the "bad boyfriend" or the "gun in the face" comments.

Huh? I'm not sure why you're thanking me -- I was criticizing your use of the phrase "bad boyfriend". And I'm not quite sure why we're talking about a gun being pointed in my face? I can't tell if your post is oblivious or if it's hostile.

???

How do you bribe a public offical if he isn't a public offical? He had no vote in matters before council or the pension board. If his dupes paid him consulting retainers because they thought he could do something for them, then they are stupid for believing that fairie tale.

From the evidence supplied by the media, Sam Riddle is guilty of being associated with MonCon. The evidence on MonCon physically putting her hand in the suit jacket of a contractor and pulling out dirty benjamins has zero to do with Sam.

Now is he an inocent lamb? Not likely. He certainly played up the influence he held, but that makes him a good liar and not a felon.

Sam is going to walk. MonCon's sentencing will again be delayed and husband John will drop out of the election in late July after having to face a congressional ethics committee over his Papas letter.

???
    Yours was hostile and I responded. OK Now go take a hike!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast