Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    lilpup Guest

Mongo freely admits he's a political whore for hire.

Quote Originally Posted by carman View Post
    Don't flatter yourself Blksoul. You are one of a very few that look at things in the heavy manner in which you do.

On the other hand, I loved the LIR episode. It spoke volumns and I am looking forward to Monica, Sam and Adolph leading the expansion and renovation of the Convention Center. I do wish them the best.

Aside to all the theatrics, I absolutely can't wait till Monica Conyers runs for Mayor and wins. I will be in her corner all the way. One just can't pay enough for that amount of entertainment.
    That couldn't actually happen- could it ?

Sludgedaddy Guest

With all the film companies coming to shoot in Detroit, I wish someone would have the cajones to do a re-make of "Birth of a Nation". Wouldn't Mr. X, MonCon, etal, fit the bill for a 21st Century redeux?

Just come right out and admit it, BlkSoulX....you wish you were White!

I bet you secretly listen to Elvis records, don't you? Not the early, cool pre-Army Elvis, either -- I'm talking "My Way" and "Clambake."

And when everyone leaves the room, you grab the remote and turn the station from the BET Channel to "Little House on the Prarie." Dontcha?

It's okay, bro. Admitting it is the first step.

And White is beautiful, so there's nothing at all wrong with wanting to be a honkey; we're cool people, and we're really cute when we're babies.
    Last edited by Bloomfield Pills; April-17-09 at 07:34 PM.

Ravine Guest

Bs_x, your frame of reference is befuddling. Most of the "Black Africans" I've met, around here, do not live in Detroit.
    Most of them also snicker at folks who think pulling on a dashiki gives them an African look.
    On another note, why do people refer to Detroit as "down there?"

Angry Dad Guest

Jim Johnson was on the show and did exactly what he was supposed to do. He was the designated white victim.

He showed more guts than any of the other guests. He went into their territory. Can they and the court jester of the this board blksoul-x say the same? No, all of them are spineless cowards that exemplify the old story about whistling past the graveyard. IOW, make lots of noise to hide your fear and ignorance.

Just when you feel that Monica can't make a bigger fool of herself and those around her, she proves you wrong.

On another note, why do people refer to Detroit as "down there?"
    I've noticed this all my life. It's always "going down to Detroit" -- but one doesn't "go down to Grosse Pointe." You "go over" to Grosse Pointe. And you "go up" to Royal Oak.

Of course, that may have something to do with the fact that Royal Oak is up there; Grosse Pointe is over there; and Detroit is down here.

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    This is the very reason why we [[Black Africans in Detroit) are in dire need of our very own Black media outlet.

You had one. It was called WGPR, Channel 62, where they aired such sociallly aware programming as "The Scene" and "The New Dance Show."

Not that I'm dogging those shows, mind you. I watched 'em all the time. Where else could you find out what the specials were at Miley and Miley Shrimp Shack?

Oh...and...

..."I get the dog!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomfield Pills View Post
    You had one. It was called WGPR, Channel 62, where they aired such sociallly aware programming as "The Scene" and "The New Dance Show."

Not that I'm dogging those shows, mind you. I watched 'em all the time. Where else could you find out what the specials were at Miley and Miley Shrimp Shack?

Oh...and...

..."I get the dog!"
    In an ironic twist, the station identification for FOX in Grosse Pointe [[or for at least my house) is WGPR.

Why are we feeding the troll? If blksoul_x actually believed half the prattle he spews, he wouldn't have seen anything wrong with what MonCon and Co. were saying and wouldn't have had the awareness to realize that for 95% of the population, black and white it was embarrassing. Blksoul_x's got his schtick here like you would get from Ann Coulter on Fox News. The sole purpose is to get a reaction out of all of you. Mission accomplished. Now he can go spew his rhetoric somewhere else. You don't talk to the crazy muttering guy on the street. Why do you talk to him on the Internet?

Quote Originally Posted by g-dub View Post
    It's also why people like Jesse Jackson were pissed when Obama won the election. Obama was never one of those black politicians who stays in office by blaming whitey and fanning the flames of racial conflict regardless of whether or not it actually exists. It's a cheap and easy to appeal to people's anger and to keep them on your side--much the same way the Bush family did with Saddam Hussein [[who used to be kinda friendly with the US--remember?). Demonize an entity and get everyone riled up, then get re-elected. When popularity wanes, fan the flames again.

I think [[hope, so to speak) that with the rise of a politician like Obama, people might finally be seeing the light, and won't be easily swayed by cynical politicians who only get elected by pitting their constituents against an imaginary enemy.
    Detroit could use a few Obamas on City Council

Blarf Guest

I saw this. It was great.

If there is one thing the City Council does right, it's entertainment. You can't script this kind of stuff.

I just found this kind of funny. I clicked on blacksoul's name and it took me into his profile and under frieds it says this.
    blksoul_x has not made any friends yet
    I just thought I would share that.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I just found this kind of funny. I clicked on blacksoul's name and it took me into his profile and under frieds it says this.

I just thought I would share that.
    kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    because they misread our passion as idiotic.
    or vice versa-atcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomfield Pills View Post
    Of course, that may have something to do with the fact that Royal Oak is up there; Grosse Pointe is over there; and Detroit is down here.
    unless you are a downriverbilly. then its "up dere".

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Why are we feeding the troll? If blksoul_x actually believed half the prattle he spews, he wouldn't have seen anything wrong with what MonCon and Co. were saying and wouldn't have had the awareness to realize that for 95% of the population, black and white it was embarrassing. Blksoul_x's got his schtick here like you would get from Ann Coulter on Fox News. The sole purpose is to get a reaction out of all of you. Mission accomplished. Now he can go spew his rhetoric somewhere else. You don't talk to the crazy muttering guy on the street. Why do you talk to him on the Internet?

I like messing with him. He's kind of funny, like a Saturday Night Live skit. He's a parody and he don't even know it.

Then again, I guess I should have some empathy for the poor guy. It's obvious he suffers from a severe inferiority complex; BlkSoul doth protest too much.

Both white and black are equally beautiful, but I get the feeling that, deep down, our bunged-up friend doesn't believe either. He professes to love people who are darker than blue, but I sense a deep-seated hatred of who he is. He seems ashamed to be black, so he goes the opposite route, trying to prove to the world that he loves his blackness. Obviously there's nothing wrong with loving who you are, but it's an obsession with him. And that's sad.

But I'll reserve the same amount of human empathy for BlkSoul as I would for a Nazi or a Klansman: I kind of feel sorry for them because their lives must be really screwed up to believe this kind of crap.

But at the end of the day, they're idiots -- and, forgive me, but I have fun messing with idiots.

That's why I respond to him.
    Last edited by Bloomfield Pills; April-19-09 at 12:57 AM.

detmich Guest

Has this thread been scrubbed? All except the post by Blk_x? Wow, is he somehow involved behind the scenes at this site?

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detmich View Post
    Has this thread been scrubbed? All except the post by Blk_x? Wow, is he somehow involved behind the scenes at this site?
    I don't see any scrubbing here?

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    I don't see any scrubbing here?
    There are several posts responding to Blk_x from early on 4-17, including one of mine, that are now deleted. You can't see it, because they are gone. But Blk_x's remains.

I suppose I shouldn't be pointing this out or I may end up banished to you know where.

Retroit Guest

I watched the Let It Rip and I thought it proved once again that Moronica Conyours is certifiably an idiot. Make that a "passionate" idiot. I think Let It Rip is excellent and I don't blame Fox 2 in any way for the lack of decorum of its guests.

But what I found far more enjoyable was reading blksoul_x's post and the responses to it. I think Fox 2 should invite blksoul_x to be a guest on Let It Rip. Maybe they can invite the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan as well.

Blksoul_x, you try to blame the black community's problems on the basic white people, but I have news for you: most of the harm being done to the black community is being done by basic black people.

4real Guest

Default Con Mon where can I get the drugs she gets?

She is hallucinating that Cobo is worth 1.2 or 1.5 billion as she claims.

If you totally rehab it, expand it, pump a billion dollars into it, it might be worth 1.5 billion. She might not heard of appraisal methods by the income approach, cost approach or comparison approach of real estate
    If you tear it down at a cost of, I don't know, say 25 million, you have a nice parcel of land worth about say, I don't know, say, 75 to 100 million.

The fact that Detroit keeps electing her type of politician is testimony that Detroit may not survive long term as a viable city.
    She was right though that Cobo cannot be taken over without vote of the council.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    That couldn't actually happen- could it ?
    A few weeks ago at the Eastern Market, Conyers was trying to collect signatures in the Gratiot Central Market. I looked at the petition to see which office it was she was running for. The petition stated City Council.

IMHO, I believe she'll be indicted long before she could ever run for mayor.

L.Brooks' reaction to "Let it Rip" and Cobo

http://wjr.com/Article.asp?id=1283394&spid=6525

Monica's response

http://wjr.com/Article.asp?id=1283404&spid=6525

Angry Dad Guest

The more she talks the worse she gets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast