Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Default Tonight's Let it Rip!

Looks like they are going to throw down on LIR tonight!
    Mongo and Moncon are on spouting more shite.

As an aside MonCon's bro got sentenced to five years in prison today.

I hear the words "we" "they" "us" "them" being used quite a bit [[between all the shouting). With this attitude, it is no wonder Monica and the city council are unable to work with the region to get the Cobo deal done.

my ears hurt :-[[

I dunno Leland, I WANT to be sympathetic to your pain...

...but if you stood on RR tracks and got run over by the goddamn train I could muster up more feeling for you.

Cheers!

lilpup Guest

thread's no good without a link

blksoul_x Guest

This is the very reason why we [[Black Africans in Detroit) are in dire need of our very own Black media outlet. One that can talk to the people in solitude, in only a way the we can understand without the worry of racist backlash. To be sure, most 'basic-white' viewers of tonights Huge Perkings 'let it rip' sambo attack on Black humanity are probably sitting around the TV scoff'n and taut'n our behavior, because they misread our passion as idiotic.

Why do the people that represent the Black voice, continue to show up, support and encourage the appetite of the white 'lynch mob' media and its quest to capitalize off our unique character, and temperament. We are wasting time, talking to people that never intended to understand our frustration and passion for basic human equality.

When will our community wake up!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate!

Blksoul, WTF?? The "unique character and temperament" are the root of much of the troubles you blame on "racist" media and "basic white" perception.
    You wear your own prejudice as a badge of honor while whimpering about your victimization, perpetuating both.
    The truth is, that Mr. Mongo sounded like a fool and only further hurt the chances of the region coming together to improve Detroit for the citizens of the region.

What you fail so miserably at recognizing, for one thing, is that in society it's normal for people to cooperate in order to acomplish what's necessary to improve things. You are drowning and refuse any life preserver because you're too poud or just more comfortable wallowing in you own racist attitude.

The truth is, statewide frustration with Detroit politics and policies has everything to do with content of character [[or lack thereof) and nothing to do with skin color. It's irrelevant. Detroit just elects too many do-nothing, "unique characters". Why not support someone for mayor who will honestly work to improve the city and relations in the region with anyone who will help?

Adolph Mongo doesn't speak for all African American Detroiters. Why he is constantly allowed to come on these issue shows with his histrionics is amazing? He does African Americans a disservice, but the local news stations that put him on know this. So as crazy as he sounds, there is always a hint of truth to what he says. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    This isn't the white/black thing that you and others try to make it, it is a grown up vs. children thing.
    Whether it's this topic or something else, I think 'Let it Rip' is childish. There's never any reasoned discussion or debate between the parties, just a lot of emotional yelling. All it does is polorize people into different, opposing positions.

Ah, ha ha! You all got played for suckers by reply to the new local racist's post. Why bother? It is like arguing with David Duke, Farakhan, Henry Ford...Don't waste your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Ah, ha ha! You all got played for suckers by reply to the new local racist's post. Why bother? It is like arguing with David Duke, Farakhan, Henry Ford...Don't waste your breath.

I know Goat but damn it BS like that just pisses me off. You may remember saying the same thing to me when Rasputin was still around.

Stosh Guest

After watching this travesty unfold last night, I have a few observations:

First, FOX 2 should be ashamed of themselves for even having this type of show on television. They are, by far, the biggest offender regionally when it comes to inflammatory media programming. Under the guise of reporting, they have managed, during the running of this program, to poison the dialogue between the suburbs and Detroit further than it already had been.

Why they had Johnson on there in the first place is anyone's guess. The voice of regionalism? I'm sure he rued the decision to come on that show.

Second, Mongo, Monica, and Riddle aren't doing anyone any favors by acting that way on TV. They actually enjoy race and suburb baiting. I'd expect that FOX 2 will probably offer them a long term deal for a comedy show sometime in the future, once the state takes over Detroit and the well runs dry for the lot of them, or politicians that have a shred of sense get into power that will hire political consultants of a better caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    This is the very reason why we [[Black Africans in Detroit) are in dire need of our very own Black media outlet.

You had one. It was called WGPR, Channel 62, where they aired such sociallly aware programming as "The Scene" and "The New Dance Show."

Not that I'm dogging those shows, mind you. I watched 'em all the time. Where else could you find out what the specials were at Miley and Miley Shrimp Shack?

Oh...and...

..."I get the dog!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomfield Pills View Post
    You had one. It was called WGPR, Channel 62, where they aired such sociallly aware programming as "The Scene" and "The New Dance Show."

Not that I'm dogging those shows, mind you. I watched 'em all the time. Where else could you find out what the specials were at Miley and Miley Shrimp Shack?

Oh...and...

..."I get the dog!"
    In an ironic twist, the station identification for FOX in Grosse Pointe [[or for at least my house) is WGPR.

Why are we feeding the troll? If blksoul_x actually believed half the prattle he spews, he wouldn't have seen anything wrong with what MonCon and Co. were saying and wouldn't have had the awareness to realize that for 95% of the population, black and white it was embarrassing. Blksoul_x's got his schtick here like you would get from Ann Coulter on Fox News. The sole purpose is to get a reaction out of all of you. Mission accomplished. Now he can go spew his rhetoric somewhere else. You don't talk to the crazy muttering guy on the street. Why do you talk to him on the Internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Why are we feeding the troll? If blksoul_x actually believed half the prattle he spews, he wouldn't have seen anything wrong with what MonCon and Co. were saying and wouldn't have had the awareness to realize that for 95% of the population, black and white it was embarrassing. Blksoul_x's got his schtick here like you would get from Ann Coulter on Fox News. The sole purpose is to get a reaction out of all of you. Mission accomplished. Now he can go spew his rhetoric somewhere else. You don't talk to the crazy muttering guy on the street. Why do you talk to him on the Internet?

I like messing with him. He's kind of funny, like a Saturday Night Live skit. He's a parody and he don't even know it.

Then again, I guess I should have some empathy for the poor guy. It's obvious he suffers from a severe inferiority complex; BlkSoul doth protest too much.

Both white and black are equally beautiful, but I get the feeling that, deep down, our bunged-up friend doesn't believe either. He professes to love people who are darker than blue, but I sense a deep-seated hatred of who he is. He seems ashamed to be black, so he goes the opposite route, trying to prove to the world that he loves his blackness. Obviously there's nothing wrong with loving who you are, but it's an obsession with him. And that's sad.

But I'll reserve the same amount of human empathy for BlkSoul as I would for a Nazi or a Klansman: I kind of feel sorry for them because their lives must be really screwed up to believe this kind of crap.

But at the end of the day, they're idiots -- and, forgive me, but I have fun messing with idiots.

That's why I respond to him.
    Last edited by Bloomfield Pills; April-19-09 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    because they misread our passion as idiotic.
    or vice versa-atcha.

4real Guest

Default Con Mon where can I get the drugs she gets?

She is hallucinating that Cobo is worth 1.2 or 1.5 billion as she claims.

If you totally rehab it, expand it, pump a billion dollars into it, it might be worth 1.5 billion. She might not heard of appraisal methods by the income approach, cost approach or comparison approach of real estate
    If you tear it down at a cost of, I don't know, say 25 million, you have a nice parcel of land worth about say, I don't know, say, 75 to 100 million.

The fact that Detroit keeps electing her type of politician is testimony that Detroit may not survive long term as a viable city.
    She was right though that Cobo cannot be taken over without vote of the council.