Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Another monica question [[from this story): why doesn't John Conyers pay his son's tuition? Why does Monica have to ask a third party to give her the money to pay it? Doesn't a United States congressman make enough to pay his child's tuition?
    Cranbrook is pricey. Better question why are public schools not an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post
    People in Detroit get precisely the quality of governance they choose to elect.
    And people in this state [[Granholm) and this country [[Bush's debacle) get precisely the quality of governance they choose to elect.

So anyone you know that is struggling, losing their homes, having family shipped to serve in Iraq got exactly what they deserve.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Another monica question [[from this story): why doesn't John Conyers pay his son's tuition? Why does Monica have to ask a third party to give her the money to pay it? Doesn't a United States congressman make enough to pay his child's tuition?
    I'm willing to bet that money never made it to her son's school. It was just a ploy.

Can't the congressman afford the school tab?

Don't forget "tiara" Barbara Rose Collins who got booted from congress for stealing office operating funds. She found a great home in city council!

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    There are very few places in this country where blatant, outright corruption and total incompetence is tolerated at a level equal to Detroit.
    My friend, give me some examples of these places that does not tolerate "blatant, outright corruption and total incompetence."

Can you say hyperbole without your head exploding?

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    My friend, give me some examples of these places that does not tolerate "blatant, outright corruption and total incompetence."

Can you say hyperbole without your head exploding?
    How about you give me one city or region that tolerates more than Detroit?

Before you go off an say Chicago.... i said corruption AND incompetence. The Daley machine maybe as corrupt as they come, but Chicago still manages to function as a world class city.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    How about you give me one city or region that tolerates more than Detroit?

Before you go off an say Chicago.... i said corruption AND incompetence. The Daley machine maybe as corrupt as they come, but Chicago still manages to function as a world class city.
    Ah, figures you decided to answer my question with a question. I do understand. It's all good.

Let me hip you on something: if the money coming in, no one notices the nickels and dimes being taken out. In other words, if I bring in 100 million dollars, are you really going to care that I skimmed a million dollars? The only reason Kilpatrick and his crooked-ass cronies got caught with their hands in the cookie jar is because they were not bringing any money in. It is very easy to notice when money is going out and not coming in.

I'm glad you mention Chicago because it validates what I just posted. The Daley machine though corrupts bring in cash. Am I'm going to cut off the hand that is feeding me? I don't think so. If Kilpatrick had the drive and the know how to bring money in like Daley, he would still be mayor.

http://r8rbob.wordpress.com

Most of the upstate counties and townships run pretty clean government. It is hard to skim from a miniscule, bare bones budget.

Ah, figures you decided to answer my question with a question. I do understand. It's all good.

Let me hip you on something: if the money coming in, no one notices the nickels and dimes being taken out. In other words, if I bring in 100 million dollars, are you really going to care that I skimmed a million dollars? The only reason Kilpatrick and his crooked-ass cronies got caught with their hands in the cookie jar is because they were not bringing any money in. It is very easy to notice when money is going out and not coming in.

I'm glad you mention Chicago because it validates what I just posted. The Daley machine though corrupts bring in cash. Am I'm going to cut off the hand that is feeding me? I don't think so. If Kilpatrick had the drive and the know how to bring money in like Daley, he would still be mayor.
    I don't disagree with you. which is why I said corrupt AND incompetent.

why don't you guys argue about what color hats leprechauns' wear? You know something important ....

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    why don't you guys argue about what color hats leprechauns' wear? You know something important ....
    why don't you stfu?
    Last edited by bailey; February-05-10 at 02:55 PM.

I did not say or infer that I was surprised, I stated that it was "typical". Let me say it again... it is "TYPICAL" for the privileged to do this... And inappropriate... I guess it really rankled my nerves because I have a daughter in college working as a waitress and I'd hate to see her abused this way by Conyers or anyone else! In Detroit or elsewhere.....
    You shouldn't be surprised of this behavior. The rich and the privilege demonstrate this attitude everyday and Monica Conyers is no different. For example, Tiger Woods would go into a restaurant and request that his meal be made complimentary. A billionaire requesting free meals. Celebrities complaining when they don't get more swag than they requested. The rich and privilege don't care about the poor, that's why Conyers could walk out of a restaurant and not care who got stuck with the bill as long as it wasn't her.

http://r8rbob.wordpress.com

Soooo, does this mean you think it's O.K. to f**k your dog if your neighbor does it too?
    As MonCon so famously said,

"Only if you clip his nails."

Soooo, does this mean you think it's O.K. to f**k your dog if your neighbor does it too?
    Sorry, but I don't own a dog so I can't follow my neighbor's example.

People, people.... do your job!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2