Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

That brings up a question, do these restaurant owners etc, charge an employee for a broken glass and other equipment. Because if they are, they shouldn't be. I would think that would be against the law. That 's embezzling an employees payroll
    That dipshit Michele Bachmann wants to make it so employees have to pay their managers for broken shit on the job. She feels that it will make better employees.

"You'll have to file for unemployment, he'll fight it and point to "the situation" and you'll be left scrambling."

The good news if you should qualify for unemployment even if you quit. The quit will not be "your fault" but due to the employer changing the conditions of employment - thus changing your job.

You would be best doing this immediately following a change in conditions. The next change or maybe asking for and being denied the vacation, especially if you try to take some time you consider yourself to have earned before the boss announced the change in vacation conditions.

gnome is correct, however that the boss will fight the UI. It seems high but I hear 80% of employers are initially denying claims because they know they will get away with it a lot. So do the paper work for a redetermination.

Most of the claimants appearing before an administrative law judge [alj] [[to appeal the redetermination) lose. Bringing a witness or a competent person to help & you greatly increases your chances to win at the alj. In your case you should eventually win, even if you have to appeal the alj decision. Pain in the ass but the purpose of Unemployment Insurance has been gutted over the years by employer side lawyers [[and judges).

Wage rip off not paying overtime correctly, not paying all wages owed are epidemic and increasing. They are also criminal offenses.

Unfortunately many people's perspective on workers' rights is something like: "It's a free country. If you don't like your job you are free to quit."

While most of us probably agree the end of chattel slavery was a good thing; many think workers' rights or 'living in a free country' should amount to more than not being owned by our employers.

It seems in America 'free economy' means the boss is free to do to us whatever we cannot stop them from doing.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    While most of us probably agree the end of chattel slavery was a good thing; many think workers' rights or 'living in a free country' should amount to more than not being owned by our employers.

It seems in America 'free economy' means the boss is free to do to us whatever we cannot stop them from doing.
    In one of H. Beam Piper's books he noted that when slaves are freed, they have the freedom to choose between working and starving.

"Providing jobs is not enough, back during slavery, everyone had a job. "

Jesse Jackson

Are you all really that passive and weak? All the advice is to give up, shut up, and take your screwing. It seems pretty damned un-American to me, but I guess I come from sterner stock.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by qweek View Post
    We had a staff meeting and my boss announced effective immediately there will be no vacation time allowed. I had three weeks a year up until today of which I have used zero days. I work in a doctors office, we are understaffed and overworked as it is. I work 10-12 hr days, rarely get a lunch break. I work overtime every week and don't get paid overtime wages, just straight time. I have had it, any advice?
    Become an employer.

Queek, just a note to say get up your strength and good attitude towards being a good employee. Stress can take its toll. Really sounds like you need to switch jobs!

I am self employed but don't always like my boss. "Joke" people.

I could write a book about lousey employers. My favorite is that I usually find part time employment in winter and this one store I worked for finally got an A plus from a corporate shopper. First time ever for them. The shopper got me. I have a copy of the report so I am not exagerating.

They didn't hire me back the following winter. It might have been something I did when I went nose to nose with a manager when I thought he was being abusive to an elderly customer. Actually the SOB tried to get me fired but they were wrong and I was right.

Being good at your job is not always the key. Find a different employer.

Problem is right now 1 to 2 out of 1O people don't have a job.
    If you're looking for a different employer, it's not going to be easy.
    The boss has us by the balls

Qweek - http://www.henryfordhealth.org/home_...s.cfm?id=49647

Try searching here. With your experience in the health care field I would think working at a hospital would be your next step up. You don't want to go lateral do you? Get work at a hospital where their policies are written; where vacation, sick time, and hours are set. Unless there is an emergency when the hours might be extended.

Good luck! And go for it!

Loyalty to the good doctor will only get you a kick in the A$$ in the long run. Believe me; I know.

The last girl that left the office took the Doc to court and won, you would think someone with his smarts would learn, not the case.

My story gets better. I was handed my pay stub yesterday, can you believe I worked exactly 80 hours? I can't considering I worked 93 hours in two weeks. This man is now stealing from me and I am spitting nails angry. I'm ready to go Nam on his ass and I have never been in the military. Thanks Erie you are a Dearie, I must be movin on. I can't afford to go postal.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    Are you all really that passive and weak? All the advice is to give up, shut up, and take your screwing. It seems pretty damned un-American to me, but I guess I come from sterner stock.
    Are you an employer?

I am not. ha.

You are welcome Qweek!

Take it from me, loyalty got me a kick in the A$$! And you know the saying "don't burn your bridges behind you"? Well, I got so angry at the way my A$$ got kicked, that I went into the office and let my boss have it. I didn't go postal, but I told him what I thought about him after all the loyalty I had shown him over the years. So, I not only burned my bridges behind me...I blew the darned things up!

Really, get your resume out there, the sooner the better. You work too hard to have your vacation time robbed from you - and to top it off - have your paycheck shorted. You are entitled to better treatment. Go some place where your expertise is valued and sought after.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    I am not. ha.
    Ha, that's what I thought.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4