“Senate Republicans support building 100 new plants as quickly as possible -- we hope Democrats will join us in that effort... " -Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell 1/28/10

Senator Obama campaigned for green change, right? He also promised Nevada voters to stop the Yucca Flats nuclear waste storage project. However, in the State of the Union address, he said,

"You can see the results of last year's investments in clean energy -- in the North Carolina company that will create 1,200 jobs nationwide helping to make advanced batteries; or in the California business that will put a thousand people to work making solar panels.
But to create more of these clean energy jobs, we need more production, more efficiency, more incentives. And that means building a new generation of safe, clean nuclear power plants in this country. ...And, yes, it means passing a comprehensive energy and climate bill with incentives that will finally make clean energy the profitable kind of energy in America. [[Applause.)
I am grateful to the House for passing such a bill last year. [[Applause.) And this year I'm eager to help advance the bipartisan effort in the Senate. [[Applause.) "

It turns out that President Obama defines nuclear power as being clean energy and is with Republicans on this one. After all, as the President explained, putting people to work building solar panels means building more nukes. I'm surprised the greens are taking this with such grace. They really are a passive solar crowd.

Is everyone here on board with the President's definition of clean energy and his initiative to go along with Republicans now we know what a lot of the middle class cap and trade tax will get spent on?