Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Keep posting. Glad to hear you made it through.

Glad to hear you're feeling better eriedearie.

So glad to hear my recipe/garden buddy is doing well, because we know you have shared your heart so much with us and are much appreciated.

My cost - $0.00.
    LOL! Compare that to over 1,000 USD stateside just to treat a simple abscess. What a racket!

But "the U.S. has the best health care system in the world!" Yeah sure, maybe for the parasitic saboteurs in power on the receiving end of that $1000. If it weren't artificially declared legal it would be organized crime.

"Of course Canadians pay higher taxes, which figure in our health care costs per person per household. So that is all paid up front by our taxes and when we need it - it's there. Pretty darn good deal, eh? "

Do Canadians pay US $18,000 a year in higher taxes for a family of three - regardless of if they are working or not? That's what I pay -- before the co-pays.

It sounds like you have a good deal and I am so happy it worked out so well for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    LOL! Compare that to over 1,000 USD stateside just to treat a simple abscess. What a racket!

But "the U.S. has the best health care system in the world!" Yeah sure, maybe for the parasitic saboteurs in power on the receiving end of that $1000. If it weren't artificially declared legal it would be organized crime.
    We all know what the "costs" are for universal care. But now I'm at the lower end of finding "free clinics". Most have gone, in the past two years, and the ones that are left, belong to Major Medical groups, so you are transfered to accounts and recieving, no mattter how bad you are. There is no more free medical care.

Glad all went well and you are back online here. All the best to you.

Thanks for the update, Erie. We just try to find the truth here.

Welcome back Erie & glad you are in good health!

Here's wishing you continued good health, eriedearie!

Since Bigb23 - in the same irritating fashion as the late, unlamented "ccbatson" - couldn't wait to change the subject and politicize this thread, let me offer this news story from the CBC:

Danny Williams going to U.S. for heart surgery

Newfoundland and Labrador Premier Danny Williams is set to undergo heart surgery this week in the United States.
    Why would he want to leave his own province for treatment elsewhere - is it because perhaps the quality of Canadian health care is not the same across all of the provinces? Why would he go to the US when he could get excellent cardiac care in London, Ontario? Is this because the "free" health care for Canadians is actually a group of separate provincial programs, meaning that a Newfoundlander can't get treated in an Ontario hospital? Or is it because Canadians tolerate a defacto "two tier" system - one for "everyone" and another for those like Mr. Williams who can afford to go across the border and pay for their health care procedures out-of-pocket? Wouldn't it be better to have a legal second tier to keep that money in the Canadian health care system and use some of it for improving services for those in the first tier?

Welcome back Erie, glad all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Why would he want to leave his own province for treatment elsewhere - is it because perhaps the quality of Canadian health care is not the same across all of the provinces? Why would he go to the US when he could get excellent cardiac care in London, Ontario? Is this because the "free" health care for Canadians is actually a group of separate provincial programs, meaning that a Newfoundlander can't get treated in an Ontario hospital? Or is it because Canadians tolerate a defacto "two tier" system - one for "everyone" and another for those like Mr. Williams who can afford to go across the border and pay for their health care procedures out-of-pocket? Wouldn't it be better to have a legal second tier to keep that money in the Canadian health care system and use some of it for improving services for those in the first tier?
    Quite a conclusion you come to based on a simple press release. Besides, you must have missed where Erie stated she had top notch care and it cost her nothing out of pocket.

Erie my Dearie glad you are feeling better and welcome back...

Thank you all for the wishes of good health. There's a long road to recovery ahead of me, but I'm going to give it a good run.

My brother's wife is Canadian. He works for the big three as an engineer. Several years ago they looked into moving to the greater Windsor area. Found out he would lose his health care bennefits if they made the move to Canada.

BigB23, I know what you mean about free clinics, still a few around here but they are pretty much only good for script if you have a cold. My husband is having petite mals with increasing frequency. The doctor at the low cost clinic we go to suspects a serious problem but can't order the expensive tests. It is a big problem, but what to do?

speedy recovery and congrats....good health going forward...

I just got an e mail from Dodger telling me you had surgery. I had no Idea. Glad everything is working out.

I tend to be a regular at Detroit Receiving and as good as they are in emergencies, I wouldnt want to stay there for more than a few days. Glad Canada has got your back.

Welcome back Dearie.

Dear Eriedearie, So glad that everything went so well and thanks for sharing your experience. I am so happy for you.
    Best wishes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2