Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sam Sanders and Visions, Bootsey X and the Lovemasters, The Lourds and of course the legendary Shadowfax. Shadowfax at Alvin's on a Saturday night could be a mood altering experience.

The thornetta davis band will be performing at the
    the blues foundation's 2010 "international blues challenge" in memphis tennessee on january 21, 22, 23.
    Representing the mid north michigan blues society we'll be competing against over 100 bands from all over the world.
    For more information go to www.blues.org and click the international blues challenge logo.

Thornetta davis band featuring
    chuck bartel on bass
    brett lucas on guitar
    dave marciccio on drums
    phil hale on keys
    jamalot indeed on percussion

I also have my Favorite musician no matter what band they are playing in its always a great band, great show and fun night.Danny Methric Paybacks, the muggs
    Bobby east The reefermen, played with kid rock on tour. best guitarist 3 years in a row Detroit music awards.
    Chuck Burns one hell of a Drummer and guitarist Seduce, speedball, Universal Temple of divine power etc.
    David Black, Seduce, Crud
    Vinnie Dombroski, Crud, the orbitsuns, Sponge, loud house
    Elliot Moses Universal Temple of divine power, black Irish, Smoking Moses, Etc
    All of these guys have been rocking for years in numerous bands their talent always shows and I try to make all the shows I can of everyone listed above.

Default Im a young'n.

Bang Bang,The Suicide machines,The Koffin Kats, and J Dilla.

Whatever happened to husband and wife jazz duo Gwen and Charles Scales, used to play at Club Penta in the Fisher builiding? They were fantastic! Lady T belts out the blues at that blues spot on Chene. Check her out......

Quote Originally Posted by ddaydetroit View Post
    I also have my Favorite musician no matter what band they are playing in its always a great band, great show and fun night.Danny Methric Paybacks, the muggs
    Bobby east The reefermen, played with kid rock on tour. best guitarist 3 years in a row Detroit music awards.
    Chuck Burns one hell of a Drummer and guitarist Seduce, speedball, Universal Temple of divine power etc.
    David Black, Seduce, Crud
    Vinnie Dombroski, Crud, the orbitsuns, Sponge, loud house
    Elliot Moses Universal Temple of divine power, black Irish, Smoking Moses, Etc
    All of these guys have been rocking for years in numerous bands their talent always shows and I try to make all the shows I can of everyone listed above.
    Each and every one a great choice!

Speaking of local, live music:
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RJ SPANGLER!!

Liz Larin... absolutely amazing to hear live.

Anyone familiar with Lemon James? She popped up on my Myspace page. She sounds pretty good, plays guitar and sings rock...

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    Whatever happened to husband and wife jazz duo Gwen and Charles Scales, used to play at Club Penta in the Fisher builiding?
    Charles and Gwen Scales play the lounge at the MGM Grand a few times a month.

Ddaydetroit - you should've been at Small's last night. The Muggs played with the Hentchmen, and Shakey Jakes...a new band featuring Chuck Burns and David Black on guitar. They are awesome and you have to check them out if you haven't already.

Thanks Melody. Is Smalls in Hamtramck. if its the same spot Im thinking of..I popped in a while back and watched a young band perform some hardcore punk-ska sounding music..

Just heard Thornetta Davis sing "Do You Hear What I Hear" on Ann Delisi's show. If that does not make you feel SOMETHING, your heart has been turned to stone!

Child Bite, Deastro

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    Whatever happened to husband and wife jazz duo Gwen and Charles Scales, used to play at Club Penta in the Fisher builiding? They were fantastic! Lady T belts out the blues at that blues spot on Chene. Check her out......
    A couple of times I heard Gwen Scales sing, she was so bad it hurt. She started out beautifully and totally devolved as her set went on. I've only heard her a half dozen times, so I don't know if that is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Speaking of local, live music:
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RJ SPANGLER!!
    Ditto from 1KD, R.J.

Blair .

In the past, he's played a lot of coffee houses around here, and he did the poetry slams. He's been doing a lot of traveling for the last few years but still calls Detroit home. I have not heard him in a few years though [[other obligations).

Toolbox Guest

Tesco Vee/Meatmen, Negative Approach, Laughing Hyenas, Easy Action, loudhouse, Bob Seger and The Last Heard, Necros [[sort of local), Speedball, Skeemin' NoGoods, Hoarse, The Fags, Big Cheif...

Love my hometown heroes, the Hard Lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Single Malt View Post
    I'm a fan of the Killer Flamingos. ...
    I used to see them play now and then at Simons. They were a great band back in the 90s, haven't seen them in a long time. If I remember right they were called The Raisin Band in the early 90s. They've changed personnel quite a bit over the years - the one constant is [[or was) the rhythm guitar player who sang quite a bit -I think he was owner or co-owner of Simons. They always had great musicians. I remember the little blond haired girl who would sing and sometimes sit on stage and draw when she wasn't in a song. My favorite 'version' of them was in the early 90s - they played less of the popular stuff you might hear on the radio, more of the slightly-more-obscure stuff - I remember hearing them do Cross Eyed Mary by Tull [[with 'flute' thru the guitar synthesizer), Dialogue by Chicago, some great Beatles stuff. They started doing more top-40 type songs, but were still damn good. Back in the 'grunge' era they did a lot of the current stuff from that day and it sounded great. Possibly my favorite local cover band.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Jim McCarty and Mystery Train. Blues music for your pleasure.
    Another good one. Saw them one time at The Library Pub and Charlie Martin, the old Silver Bullet band drummer, sat in for a song or two. He just sang [[he was in a wheelchair), his girlfriend [[or wife?) sang background vocals. They did Fooled Around And Fell In Love, it was fantastic. Charlie really belted out those vocals, and McCarty did a great solo. Loved the tone of the Les Paul Custom through a TS-9 and a '66 Super Reverb. The other guitar player sounded great as well [[Telecaster - TS-9 - Pro Reverb). They were in rare form that night.

The Swinging Richards

That was a band from 10 years ago, ... I did not like their music so much, just their name.

After watching rockabilly Twisting Tarantulas perform in Ferndale and attending the Concert of Colors two years in a row I realized you dont have to attend a stadium concert to enjoy live raw entertainment...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2