http://detnews.com/article/20100128/...political-will

I remember going to Belle Isle as a kid, everything on the island was not exactly vibrant but everything was open and still operating. The Belle Isle Zoo, Aquarium, and the Detroit Boat Club were all operable. To see Detroit's most important gems [[at least in my opinion) just completely shut down is devastating.

The Belle Isle Zoo is probably a complete loss at this point since it has been rotting for 9 years now, and is probably beyond repair with no interest in it by any organizations or city government. The Detroit Boat Club is also severe shape, a building a beautiful as the Detroit Boat Club should never fall into the kind of despair that it has fallen into today. Since there seems to be no real interest by the city or any organization to renovate the D.B.C. I'm afraid that demolition may be the only thing for the Detroit Boat Club's future. But I still believe that there is hope for the Belle Isle Aquarium since the Friends of the Belle Isle Aquarium are working very hard to reopen it to some degree and save the building itself.

What are your memories or opinions on these three Belle Isle gems?