P.S.: And please don't get me wrong. As I said, I love Better Made. Always have. Still remember the big cans, which my father used to buy, of them, and going to the factory, where you could watch them rolling down the ramp, etc., and buy bags which-- of course-- could not possibly be fresher.
And I think that every effort should have been made to keep the deal between Wayne County and Better Made, "keeping the money inside the county," so to speak, but what can you do? That's a problem with putting contracts up for bid. If the contract goes to a company whose bid was beaten by another company, and the latter company decides to not take the loss "lying down," then the shit hits the fan, of course, and we have enough shit hitting enough fans, around here, already.
This whole thing grieves me, it really does. I just bought a new product, this morning, and the only reason I decided to try it was because it's made in Detroit. And-- how many times can I say it?-- I love Better Made chips. Potato chips are the only snacky-type thing to which I have been devoted since before I can remember when.
I wish this deal could have been worked out, over drinks at an area cafe, and sealed with a handshake. "So & So says they'll do it for $X.00; come somewhere close to that, and we'll stick with Better Made."
But...