Greetings all,

I currenly have many friends in the metro Detroit area that I have known for some time. Many of them were born in the northern/western suburbs, went to college and stayed or returned to metro Detroit. In my opinion, even with all of the city's faults, spending time in the city lends itself to a wide range of experiences extremely difficult to replicate elsewhere.

To the point however, many of these friends have a stubborn preference for limiting themselves to hanging out in places such as Birmingham, Royal Oak, Ferndale, etc. In turn, I routinely then find myself spending time in the city by myself, which can actually be quite enjoyable. In some instances however, others present could easily enhanced the experience. In a small example, a few months ago I organized an outting for my friends and I to have dinner and relax at Cliff Bell's. Many attended, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I plan to organize a tac crawl when the weather gets nice, but that is not for some time. Its clear that in order to convince my friends to spend leisure time in the city, I have to continue to come up with intriguing event opportunities.

My questions for the board is to kindly provide suggestions for enticing outings in the city proper which I could suggest to friends and which would, [[i) pique their interest and ultimately convince them to attend the outing, and [[ii) increase their personal understanding about what our grand city has to offer.

Vague question, I am aware, but suggestions, ranging from cliches to the abstract would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks All