Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Auto Show [[NAIAS). You Going? Thoughts......

I'm volunteering a bit at this years North American International Auto Show and have been able to really take my time checking out the show...

The Ford exhibit is receiving alot of buzz this year with much interest [[many people milling about in that area) in the Ford Fusion which is 2010 Car of the Year etc... the large Ford exhibit features many cars, many models you can actually sit in, displayed in a large exhibition area. More interest this year than in the past.

Three CCS [[College for Creative Studies) Transportation Design alumni are responsible for the engineering, design and implementation of the Ford Fusion. GO CCS! Which is located right in Detroit!!

Chrysler and GM have ample floor space at the show including an area specifc to the Cadillac line... The Cooper Mini car featured some new models. Lexus and Toyota is heavily promoting its hybrid and full out electric models.

Noteworthy is the indoor eco-track on the lower level which offers eco-rides of several electric cars featured at the show. The eco-track this year takes up 3/4 forth of the lower level with a small water fall section.

Attendance is down, and I noticed a lack of printed promotional/ marketing materials provided by the manufacturers. There was a time when you'd leave the show loaded with glossy posters and tons of varnished, high end brochures and booklets. Not any more.

I had to search hard to find the few samples I could...
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-20-10 at 06:23 AM.