Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

In the longer run, Republicans may have shot themselves in the foot by electing a guy with strong neocon and corporatist tendencies. Brown is a status quo candidate despite his driving a pickup gimmick and the occasional hot button conservative votes he casts. His voting pattern, as a State Senator, reflects the mainstream Republican Party that was so thoroughly rejected a year ago. His election will give Republicans the false hope that they have a future without changing their ways.

Democrats, for their part, became arrogant in selecting an apparatik without referencing whether she was palatable to voters. Run someone who doesn't seem comfortable with the Catholic Church in Massachusetts and see what happens. The voters sensed that she was appointed by Party bosses rather than their choice.

Onion News post election take on Obama supporters still has some truth to it.

So, the same people who elected the "liberal lion" for decades suddenly decided to vote for a "strong neocon" with "corporatist" tendencies?

Maybe the voters aren't partisan lemmings and just voted for the person that was more likeable.

30 points down to winning.... did they all suddenly decide his message was better... or did her actions cause the backlash?

Spot on 3WC. Spot on.

I don't think there are too many people who are against REAL and health care reform.

My family and my self have been in health care for years, and if any of you think that corporate America and Insurance has your back in health care ...

If you ever wanted to see a prime example..try treating a "biker" ^^^ without insurance with a TBI...try treating a person with cognitive deficits in under thirty days....many of the doctors practice general medicine struggle in what to do with people with disabilities for the long haul especially those with chronic needs w/out insurance...

I will be glad to pass your phone numbers out [[any of those who believe that insurance as it exists today is a good for medicine) to families that are in crisis becuase we saved their family members but won't provide rehabilitation to transition them to Independence...or i can give you some addresses of twenty year olds sitting in nursing homes...because they can't find TBI programs that will accept their medicare or medicaid funding...

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Spot on 3WC. Spot on.

I don't think there are too many people who are against REAL and health care reform.
    Agree: Then where are your voices? If we all agree on this why did so many refuse to find compromise and put forth alternatives.. .or call their representatives and say we want it ..but not as it is being proposed...not just saying "NO" to reform...where was the leadship in finding alternative...

3WC -

Thanks for supplying a dimplomatic and simple vision of how we could go about fixing this dilemma. You are so right in that the Politicians have no need for fixing Health Care for all when they themselves will never be in need. This opens up the lobby shop for business.

It seems that logic has been set aside for the meantime. In place we have special people with special interests who make up 1% of the population. Scary, sad and abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Question for those political experts on this forum... just when will he be seated?

Politics is not pretty... and you never know... the vote may come before he's sworn in and seated!
    P&R have already stated that that most likely wasn't going to happen due to the fact that it will only inflame voters more than we already are.

As for when Sen. Brown will be seated, technically he should be seated today, just like when Ted was when he won his election.

Ironically, the one thing that I haven't heard about yet today was if that may happen.

Stay tuned...

For what its worth. Scott Brown posing nude in Cosmopolitan magazing.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebrit...-nude-in-cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    Agree: Then where are your voices? If we all agree on this why did so many refuse to find compromise and put forth alternatives.. .or call their representatives and say we want it ..but not as it is being proposed...not just saying "NO" to reform...where was the leadship in finding alternative...
    From what I've seen, there has been a huge uproar since the summer about this. But the Democrat majority, including Obama, seemed hell-bent on passing something, anything, to "make history" and pat their delusional selves on their backs. Same thing with the bankster-bailout-make-sure-they-get-their-bonus-check bill and the porkulus bill, lots of people against it, huge uproar, but cramming it through was far more important than what the people wanted.

As far as this Brown guy, he might be another run-of-the-mill turd, but at least there's hope that this non-reform bill is now dead.
    Last edited by johnsmith; January-20-10 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    For what its worth. Scott Brown posing nude in Cosmopolitan magazing.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebrit...-nude-in-cosmo
    LMAO... thanks for the laugh oladub.... is this what they mean by "transparency in government"??

wonder what he and sarah's kids would look like if they mated.....the world will never know...
    doesn't give the rest o fthe poor slobs a fighting chance .... poor Dennis K...

Lemme get this straight..this guy poses SEMI nude for a women's magazine several decades ago, and you find this to be bad..but Barney Frank's lover can A.) run a male prostitution service out of Barney's apartment or B.) simultaneously be Barney's butt-buddy AND highly placed in the organization which Barney was supposed to be regulating, and both of those things are just fine.

Just wanna get that sorted out..anyone care to explain liberal "morality" to me?

smudge pot Guest

Paging Lorax ...

The health insurance CEOs are rolling on the floor laughing and high fiving each other on this.
    Watch for the return of the pre existing conditions clause, but continuation of the added tens of millions of paying subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    The health insurance CEOs are rolling on the floor laughing and high fiving each other on this.
    Watch for the return of the pre existing conditions clause, but continuation of the added tens of millions of paying subscribers.
    I would suspect you are mistaken, given that those same evil insurance folks were busy donating to Coakley's campaign fund just last week..
    Me, I'm gonna watch for the whole crappy piece of legislation to sink like the Titanic..Dems had almost a full year in which they could have passed ANY damned bill they wished..they dawdled, here's hoping they pay.
    Beats the living snot out of you & me paying, at any rate..

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    LMAO... thanks for the laugh oladub.... is this what they mean by "transparency in government"??
    His photos may have been air-brushed but that's probably as close as we'll get to "transparency in government" .

ZRX Doug responded, "Lemme get this straight..this guy poses SEMI nude for a women's magazine several decades ago, and you find this to be bad..but Barney Frank's lover can A.) run a male prostitution service out of Barney's apartment or B.) simultaneously be Barney's butt-buddy AND highly placed in the organization which Barney was supposed to be regulating, and both of those things are just fine.

Just wanna get that sorted out..anyone care to explain liberal "morality" to me?
    Who said it was bad or involved morality? Cosmopolitan, perhaps reflecting women's tastes, thought that it's photos of a 'hard core conservative' were good enough to publish. I missed something. What's the moral issue involved here?

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Scott Brown on the issues. He is called a 'hard core conservative' but in some things he has a moderate voting record.
    yeah thats what I heard, too. He's right on some things and a RINO on others.

If Obama and the Dems really want to get momentum back in their direction, they need to fix the #1 concern on American's minds during the election [[and still today), and that's
    "The Economy, Stupid!"
    It's time to stop doing too many things at once and to focus on real issues, one at a time.

hey doug someone has to pay for their [[ pharm, Insurance & Private hosiptals)investiments [[for both parties)and the [[smuck lieberman) too,,,look for your rates to increase again..this year...

support real reform...Nader and Dennis K for 2016 [[opps most likely too old)...seriously I think it is very evident that the Demos had no balls an dsold us out and the republicans smelled blood in the water...and did't care enough to offer real reform.

maybe we can get to some serious debate on HCR...and yes I don't mind paying a little more in taxes for the thousands that don't ...it's called taking care of my fellow Americans and yes I am a small buisnees owner..and I struggle to provde HC to my employees...even in good times..but HC is as important as education and jobs... beside you are paying for it now ..you just might not realize it.

littlebuddy Guest

There should be no health care plan until we as Americans[[rich,poor,middle-class)have a plan to not smoke,drink,drug,eat,etc ourselves to death, otherwise it is bound to fail or tax us to death. I am all in favor that all of us have access to health care, but we need to get real about how we take care of our lifes. If we really want health care for everyone because we care so much about everyone, then why don't we take care of ourselves to show it.

yeah tell that to a ten year old...stop blaming victims ..prevention and education and accessibility. portability and no clauses for preexisting conditions would have helped..

health care is as basic a right as education...but be careful someone hasn't figured a way to privatize that yet...

look at insurance companies to have your back in health care....gee that's like saying Blackwater has our soldiers and tax payers backs in war business...

Rideron Guest

The current versions of Health Care Reform are all dead.

The only possibility is for the House to totally accept the Senate version and send it straight to Obama; but the Democrats can't agree among themselves to do even that.

It's dead, and its because Democrats themselves can't agree on what to do.

The Republicans are non-players in any of it.

amem brother ^^^^

jflick3535 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post

health care is as basic a right as education..
    Holy shit I just ran and got my copy of the Constitution to find the updates!!

Man, I can't find those rights in there could you tell me where they are at?

maybe I need an updated copy?

Health care is a right. See: Article 25 of the U.N. Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Could it be that the dems once again nominated a dull technocrat who [[1) Couldn't fight his or her way out of a wet paper bag, and [[2) did not take his or her opponent seriously?

Or could it be that Americans have short attention spans and simply don't know who to be mad at anymore, and turn into shrieking babies when problems that took years to create can't be fixed in a few months?

Or could it be that the candidate is somewhat of a pragmatic centrist who played the pickup truck driving everyman well because that's sort of what he really is? [[Hell, at least the guy can speak intelligently)

Or is it all of the above?
    More nauseating than seeing people vote for the party that so recently plunged us into two ruinous wars [[The biggest costliest big government program ever invented is war) was hearing Brown backer and Tea Party leader, Dick Armey, who is currently fighting to keep his GOVERNMENT HEALTH CARE PLAN on the radio blathering against government health care plans.

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madr...rs-exposes-dic

That's why some of us call them "Conservocrites"
    Last edited by barnesfoto; January-20-10 at 09:34 PM.

hey barns got to love the flatlanders and teabaggers who haven't figured the simple fact that healthy people can actively participate in contributing to a strong working class...or that when the constitution was written we were using wood for dentures and doctors didn't need to have formal education...

hell these guys think the Constitution is apply only as needed [[and is worthless), that universal doctrines of human rights are liberal ideals, that international laws only apply to third world countrys and not major powers or their allies, or the UN should be disbanded, or or or ...the list goes on until they get to the point that living in a world that doesn't value human life is in itself a world at war with each other ...and there in lies the problem...they can't connect the dots and are satisfied with the status quo; all the while spewing that their values are better than others and the liberals are Godless Huns.

remember the definition of insanity is insanity...we all know that how we have conducted business for a long time has got us into this mess and there is plenty of blame to go around...but there is a simple solution...

VALUE human life and protect us from those who don't. But that takes on a micro reality as well as a macro one.

remember Haiti, Sudan, Gaza and other places that there is suffering..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast