Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: kwame

Lodger, Silly me, of'course you are right, it is all a racist conspiracy! And since he is, afterall ,on a mission from God, did God blink or look away while all this was happening to his chosen one? Any reasonable, sincere and moral person, would take their legal obligations into consiferation and structure their new life style and living necessities in such a way as to meet those responsibilites accordingly, when starting that new life in Texas. But there ya go.....he is not any of those things. I only hope he is held responsible and is forced to stops making a mockery of the court, judge and prosecutor.

Ravine...that's one of the most creative...and truthful...responses I've read on this forum in a long, long time. Thanks for making my day.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbred View Post
    Lodger, Silly me, of'course you are right, it is all a racist conspiracy! And since he is, afterall ,on a mission from God, did God blink or look away while all this was happening to his chosen one? Any reasonable, sincere and moral person, would take their legal obligations into consiferation and structure their new life style and living necessities in such a way as to meet those responsibilites accordingly, when starting that new life in Texas. But there ya go.....he is not any of those things. I only hope he is held responsible and is forced to stops making a mockery of the court, judge and prosecutor.
    Any reasonable and sincere person wouldn't have pulled this shit in the first place. ;-)

Good Point!!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire View Post
    It is such an interesting saga. Can't wait for ther next chapter.

Maybe the Feds?
    Well, Kwame's buddy Dedan Milton got indicted today by the feds, so hopefully the case against Kwame is building.

Ravine Guest

Channel 4's Clickondetroit.com is covering it right now. Nothing is happening right now, but they're ready. Cameras & microphones up & running, but right now none of the principals are in the room.

Ravine Guest

OK, Kilpatrick is now seated.

Wow, Groner finally bringing the hammer down on Kwame

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by yupislyr View Post
    Wow, Groner finally bringing the hammer down on Kwame
    LOL! Finally some action on this.

Buy American Guest

I watched the hearing...what is his monthly payment? The Judge showed his absolute contempt for thug KK in his remarks and was still able to keep it civil.

So the jist of it was:

-kilpatrick is a liar
    -probation moved to MI and he must report in via phone every Friday
    -must pay [[a percentage of?) monies received from Moroun and Civic Fund within 30 days
    -must pay [[a percentage of?) "loan" received within 90 days
    -must pay entire restitution within 4 years of original judgement instead of 5
    -must pay 30% of his monthly income, from all sources. Including anything that appears in Carlita's bank account
    -must get travel pre-approved
    Last edited by yupislyr; January-20-10 at 03:47 PM.

Ravine Guest

I, of course, am disappointed.
    Groner makes it sound like if Kilpatrick fails to meet the terms set before him, he faces incarceration.
    Well, he already failed, in that way, and lied on top of it, for which he potentially faced incarceration.
    And yet, he walks out of the building.
    It should be obvious enough that Kilpatrick will do as he pleases, as long as he is free to do so, so the threat of incarceration means nothing.
    What has changed, really? He's been told, "You really gotta do this."
    Well, he was already told, "You really gotta do do this," and he hasn't done it.
    Jail time. Anything less will be ineffective.

Well that's next, I didn't catch whether Groner is going to set a date for the probation violation hearing or not.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by yupislyr View Post
    Well that's next, I didn't catch whether Groner is going to set a date for the probation violation hearing or not.
    It was a bit difficult to hear, but the Prosecution said something about holding the request in abeyance. Seems Groner's comments were an invitation to Worthy to file new perjury charges, which [[I think) could be brought along with/in addition to allegations of parole violation.

...another player is indicted today so the feds are inching closer also.

And, what is to stop one of his misguided, generous benefactors from ponying up to the bar and coughing up some more dough? It's not like all that loot is going to come out of Kwame's own pocket now, is it? The only thing he would take seriously is JAIL.

JAIL would equal NO MONEY for Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbred View Post
    And, what is to stop one of his misguided, generous benefactors from ponying up to the bar and coughing up some more dough? It's not like all that loot is going to come out of Kwame's own pocket now, is it? The only thing he would take seriously is JAIL.

While that is true, I'm not saying forever [[ darn ), just more than 90 days...to get his attention. The money isn't exactly rolling in anyway. So.......it will take a little longer to get it. He needs to be convinced that the judge is serious.

LodgeDodger Guest

Ravine, it's a start. This is the first time a judge has given him sanctions. Yes, I'd like Jumbo to sit in jail, but this is even more upsetting to him. I don't believe any of his buddies are going to pony up the funds for him. They must have been terribly embarrassed to be named during these hearings for giving him $240K. No, I think Jumbo is on his own. I'm thinking even Carlita might be rethinking her "Stand By Your Man" strategy.

I wonder how long it will take Karmanos to cut him loose.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Any reasonable and sincere person wouldn't have pulled this shit in the first place. ;-)
    I absolutely agree, a reasonable person would have at least lived underneath the radar and not brought all the additional scrutiny upon himself.

Default kwame2

Does anyone know where I can find a video replay of the court session today?

Evening news?

Yes, they will snow snipets. I was at work when it came on and I wanted to see the whole thing.

Any future jail time for this guy has to be away from facilities controlled by his cronies.

We all heard about his ordering out for food from Fishbones...and I spoke directly to the fellow who waited over four hours for a Heating and AC technician to finally get done getting the temperature of a particular jail cell just right one fine day at Eph's.

Yeah, Gnome, the Kwhyme was going to be our first item on the new kiddie menu. We never saw the gateway aspect of it all.

Cheers

Buy American Guest

Who was that lawyer friend of thug KK who stood on the courthouse steps and proclaimed that thug KK will "CONTINUE to comply as he has been ordered...all along Kilpatrick has complied to do everything possible to DO THE RIGHT THING, that's what in his heart, that's what he wants to do" all along"....WHAT??? Where has this guy been, has his head been buried in the $hit that thug KK has been leaving all over the City of Detroit? Comply? That's the biggest insult to Detroit yet! thug KK is still laughing, he's still raping, still pillaging, still stealing from taxpayers. He needs about 12 months in jail with a bigger Bubba...then, maybe he'll conform. So what if he pays in 6 years instead of 5...he's never going to pay anyway.
    Last edited by Buy American; January-20-10 at 06:05 PM.

Freep.com has a blog about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast