Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Quicken anyone?

Hybrid View

there's one of those garbage tubes coming out of one of the upper floors... I just keep hoping....

Crain's real estate reporter, who's quite plugged in on this stuff [[and sits next to me), has some thoughts on the pending Quicken announcement:

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/duggan

Well, that's interesting. A person who runs a business in the Compuware building told me today that about 1000 people will be moving in by July. He was excited because he believed this would help his struggling business. He did not tell me who was moving in. He probably doesn't know, yet.
    "It also sounds like the Compuware Building is where the action will be. I've heard that the deal will most likely go there with Quicken taking the unoccupied space created by recent layoffs."

Quicken moving to Compuware would be 100% in line with what I have heard on decent authority is going to happen.

Frankly, it's very logical.

1) Compuware has tons of extra space

2) Compuware is a class A building, it's ready to go

3) Karmanos was one of the people lobbying Quicken to come down

4) Attached parking

The only three spots I could see Quicken going, practically, are 1001 as it has a garage; the old Hudson's site [[but construction is not happening in this economy), and Compuware.

Too bad Borders couldn't hang on. Their last day in the Compuware building is June 4th.

i think the best case scenario is that quicken moves 1000 people into compuware shortly... and then when the economy recovers, compuware will need that space again and quicken can move to 1001 and bring the remaining 3000 people downtown

Well I for one will be really pissed if they move to the RenCen....

Back in the late 1990's GM was booting folks out of the complex when their leases expired. 1,700 Ford employees moved to Dearborn, and other companies moved to Southfield.

One step forward... two steps back...

Also, don't expect too many of those laid off Compuware workers to refill their HQ building. The Hi-Tech job drain to India has not abated....
    Last edited by Gistok; May-08-09 at 09:57 PM.

DetroitDad Guest

Maybe it's time for some new corporate blood Gistok?

If they move to Compuware, then what could all that work be for at the United Artist?