I grew up on the outskirts of Brighton. I had a swamp across the street and a lake with a beach in our neighborhood. I could not have asked for a better place to grow up but in my teens city life was calling. I loved hunting and fishing as a kid but women were more interesting and the city had great women. Heroin entered the picture and what better place to find heroin than Detroit? The art scene and new found friends here is what really brought me here but the lawlessness of Detroit was the clincher. Detroit has always been the wild wild West for me. I love Detroit cops because they have better things to do than bust you because you dont have insurance or a drivers license and carrying a small amount of drugs is tolerated for the most part. The Cass Corridor is filled with creative people who I have come to know and love and we all support eachother like no other city Ive seen. Detroit is filled with evolving art good or bad but always a constant barrage of creativity, houses burning down and new projects going up, a constant shift of new young people coming in with new ideas and projects. I fucking love this city but Lordy Im getting sick of the winters. I think Ill go to Laos for future winters. Can someone loan me $1300 for a plane ticket? Man theres nothing better than summertime in Detroit [[except for the fact you have to be a perfect citizen these days to even drive on to Belle Isle)

That was quite a rant I just handed out. Thanks again Pcm for the cool thread. I love reading everyone's stories on how they wound up here. I wish I felt more comfortable telling the whole story of how I got here. Ive got some good nasty stories. You can always buy the book.