Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Ron_saad Guest

Born and raised in Detroit.

Me too. Parents came during the mid and late fifties from more southern states.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_saad View Post
    Born and raised in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Me too. Parents came during the mid and late fifties from more southern states.
    My maternal grandfather grew up on the Kentuckey Ohio border, put to work in the mines at 13 so he split at age 13. Was a real liife hobo roaming the country. He heard about jobs in Detroit and got a job at Hupp mobile. He stayed in a boarding house near MacDougal and Jefferson. My grandmother lived on a ranch/farm in Texas that got wipted out by a freak snow storm, she was sent to live with in aunt who owned a diner on McDougal and Jefferson. They met and married First World War came and he served. Came back Worked at chalmers the depression came. My Mom's childhood was a real struggle. Her folks had little education but Mom graduated East Commerce High was offered a scholarship for college but her family needed the money bad so she went to work for Chrysler in the secretary pool where she was rapidly promoted to private secretary. She met my Dad there.
    Last edited by sumas; December-21-14 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    My maternal grandfather grew up on the Kentuckey Ohio border, put to work in the mines at 13 so he split at age 13.
    Around Covington or....?

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Around Covington or....?
    Sorry the last several years have been stressful. I have all the records but will wait for the new year and new energy. Please be kind and will provide answers soon. I love history and future developments happening.