I had meant to ask about this show this past fall, the it slipped my mind. While at the Woodward Dream Cruise last fall, a friend of my from back where I grew up came up for the show in his 41 Ford Pickup. He was gonna cruise Woodward during the morning, then hit the "Back to the Bricks" cruise up in Flint. I had personally never heard of it, and being a long time attendee/participant of Woodward, I couldn't imagine a show holding a candle to Woodward.

With that said, Woodward has been bursting at the seams for quite awhile now, and a place for the overflow of people tired of the crowds could work. Shockingly, the Back to the Bricks organizers put the cruise in direct competition with Woodward's Cruise. With so much focus on Woodward, I was also surprised to learn that this was the 5th year for the Flint cruise.

It seems Flint is welcoming the cruise with open arms. I know more than a few followers on here are from Flint and I'm curious to what their take on the cruise is. Is it wise to go head to head with Woodward? Would the cruise be even bigger moving it up or back a week? As it is, my curiousity may get the better of me, and I may have to cruise on up myself one of these years to see for myself.

As big is the auto industry, fabrication industry, car shows, and car cruises are in this area, I can't help but feel that Michigan still fails to market this aspect appropriately. With so much rich automotive history in regards to the people, the buildings, the places, and so much more it just seems Michigan hasn't played this card to it's fullest.

Any way, back on track, Flint-stones, what's your take on the show?

http://backtothebricks.org/index2.html