Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Baselinepunk,I always tell folks at cruises to behave.Yes I can be an ass about it.It pisses me off when someone doesn't respect others property.You don't have to be the block sgt.-at-arms.Just let them know about their assholeness.
    Route29,CARS CARS CARS is why this place we call SE Michigan is even on a map.It was why our forefathers and mothers came here,at least after 1900.Lots of people under 50 go to the cruise.Or are just overcounting the crowd every year?I was young and creative once too!

Route29 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by luckycar View Post
    Baselinepunk,I always tell folks at cruises to behave.Yes I can be an ass about it.It pisses me off when someone doesn't respect others property.You don't have to be the block sgt.-at-arms.Just let them know about their assholeness.
    Route29,CARS CARS CARS is why this place we call SE Michigan is even on a map.It was why our forefathers and mothers came here,at least after 1900.Lots of people under 50 go to the cruise.Or are just overcounting the crowd every year?I was young and creative once too!
    It is also why the region is in the shape it's in today. Our dependence on the automobile industry and to a lesser extent, our shunning of mass transit and urban planning.
    People seem to forget that Detroit was around before the automobile made it an unsustainable boom town. It was a prosperous place as well, with a diverse economy. Our car worship has been the death of us. Unfortunately many of us weren't around to experience to boom of the 20's or the inflated wages of the 70's.

"Baselinepunk,I always tell folks at cruises to behave.Yes I can be an ass about it.It pisses me off when someone doesn't respect others property."

Keep up the good work; but it seems to be falling on deaf ears.

"You don't have to be the block sgt.-at-arms.Just let them know about their assholeness."

Almost every time I've done that I've been met with the finger, vulgarities [[in front of my young kids many times) or both with a tires blazing as they split. I have to laugh because it's soooo lame coming from some old Boomer and his flap-jacked old lady. Mind you, not the general rule for all of these "people", but it's the 80% that ruins it for the other 20%.

Like I said before, y'all can have these assholes. They do nothing for the businesses around here; accept perhaps for the party stores, and encumber the rest of us 'round here reliving their "glory years".

No wonder this county's in the shitter. lol!