Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
Gumby, my man, I'm disappointed that you, a poster whom I enjoy reading, offered such a weak analogy.
I said it wasn't the best analogy. I realize I didn't describe what I meant the best but it has been a long day and I should go to bed. I appreciate that you enjoy reading my usual comments but we can't hit all homeruns.

That said, as an atheist, I would be one in a foxhole, just as religious people are strong in there beliefs I am as well in mine. I grow tired of my religious friends stating that without the threat of God to punish people they believe that the world would slip into a state of utter chaos and lawlessness. I once had a friend say that he didn't understand how people who are not religious have morals. I am not religious yet I treat others as I wish to be treated, I have never robbed a bank, I have never killed anyone, heck I even have morals.

Like I said it is far from the only reason and in some cases it isn't a reason at all. I wish everything had a black and white answer but they don't. I am just hope we can move past the racial overtones of the original post [[completely uncalled for btw) and have a true conversation.