Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Real Pizza?

Dan & Vi's must be about the only thing open on Chene these days.

Vince's on Springwells

My favorite East Side pizza has to be Supinos. Matter of fact its the only pizza I have ever ate there.

as a pizzaholic I plan on taking all of these and giving them a try, so far the only pizza ive had in detroit is at hockeytown, it was very expensive, but damn good deepdish

I would've said Cal's if they hadn't just closed down. I just tried Dan Good Pizza, and it's pretty damn good. They have four locations in Macomb County.

Little Italy-8 Mile Road just west of Kelly-the best take out pizza,bar none!
    I'll second the shout out of Loui's for a good sit down pizza.BTW,it's on 9 1/2 and Dequindre,not John R.
    Last edited by KENSINGTONY; January-14-10 at 12:07 PM.

Mama Rosa on Mack - it's where the cops go.

The differences between NYC/NJ pizza and Chicago/Detroit pizza are mostly due to the differing geographical origins of the majority of their Italian-American populations. Naples on the east coast, and Sicily here in the midwest.

Has anyone tried the new Domino's yet?

Not East side, but Como's on Woodward at 9 Mile has a great thin crust as does Sila's on 12 Mile in Berkeley.

Dayum. Thanks for the pick up, 'TONY. I don't know what it is about Como's. My dinner always hits my table burnt, even the pie. I love the place, but the beer prices and the burnt food has had me going elsewhere for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Dayum. Thanks for the pick up, 'TONY. I don't know what it is about Como's. My dinner always hits my table burnt, even the pie. I love the place, but the beer prices and the burnt food has had me going elsewhere for a while now.
    It's been a little while since I've been to Como's, so maybe I ought to rethink it. I was at Sila's the night before New Year's Eve, though, and it was great.
    Last edited by jcole; January-14-10 at 03:19 PM. Reason: clarity

I have been to Como's once and will not voluntarily go back. Interior is terrible especially considering the prices and the lack of orginality of the food available. Same with Dino's and their $28 or whatever full rack of ribs...but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Dan & Vi's must be about the only thing open on Chene these days.
    Oh hell no, don't forget about General Laney's gun range down the street.

The Green Lantern on John R is suppose to be great.
    28960 John R Rd.
    Madison Heights,
    http://www.greenlanternlounge.com/

Try Farms Fresh Market in GP Farms for oven-baked round thin crust, on the [[far) east side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2