Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    The Free Press did an article on her, her family lived in Bloomfield?? They tried to help her but she preferred the streets.
    Would it be possible to locate that Free Press article, which might provide information about her family? The online Free Press archives go only as far back as 1999. If the article pre-dates that, perhaps someone at the Free Press could locate the article? The Free Press states in the archives FAQ that they will not assist with research, but maybe if there's an intriguing story involved, perhaps they might be willing to help?

Paging Sehender1...

I think there was a thread on the old board about her with a lot of info. Can it be found? Google finds a couple of Drs. Paris near Detroit. I do find it surprising that the family connections which were known at one time are lost now.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; January-13-10 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Would it be possible to locate that Free Press article, which might provide information about her family? The online Free Press archives go only as far back as 1999. If the article pre-dates that, perhaps someone at the Free Press could locate the article? The Free Press states in the archives FAQ that they will not assist with research, but maybe if there's an intriguing story involved, perhaps they might be willing to help?

Paging Sehender1...
    Contact Zlati Meyer or Eric Lawrence at the Free Press. They are pretty good.

I just read on a forum that stella passed away tonight just figured I would pass it along.

Which one did you see it on?

It's a private police forum not a public forum sorry can't link it.

Here's the posting from that site:

"I received a phone call from trhe nursing home where Queen Stella was being looked after. She expired tonight. I had worked in traffic court in 1974 for Judge Larry Silverman. Stella waS arrested by #1 for a warrant for a knife violation. The Judge ordered me to check up on Stella. I contacted a woman in the Probation Department who spoke Greek. She obtained a phone # for a brother who lived in the western suburbs. I called him and he related the following, that the family had given up on her and didn't want anything to do with her. He further stated that Stella was never married nor had any children. I gott to know her later when I was in the Property Section. She use to come in property and hang out doing her sewing etc. Anyone who ran across Stella remembers he screaming on the street, however I don't think any one knew what she was screaming about. She use to carry money in a pocket of her nurses uniform and the greeks use to steal it from her, which was the reason she carried a night stick to protect herself. I have a 14 x 20 autograph picture of her saluting. Great picture."

http://eye2eyeinvestigations.com/attorney_services.html

Clever, wasn't it?
    Using message boards to track down family names, etc so a nursing home can send a bill to the state.
    Red flag came up when 'eye2eye' posted that someone over 90 'needs major medical procedure' and needs citizenship papers for Medicare. Most over 80 cannot endure major surgery, and is care totally denied without Insurance payment?

RIP at last, Stella.
    Looks like she left a mystery, as she probably always wanted it.

Well, well, well...

It feels like being.... used.

R.I.P. Stella.

Shame on eye2eye for stooping so low, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Pretty shitty indeed. But look at it this way, eye2eye gave pretty good information about who they are; I'm sure people here wouldn't spread the word about what a POS this place is and the type of crappy tactics they use.

Ravine Guest

It's not that low of a stoop.

This message board went for it hook, line, & sinker. DY!, such as it is, is an easy mark for this kind of thing, as it perpetuates a pretense of a cozy, together-coming community where one does not truly exist.

The truth hurts, but seldom does it enter without the door being opened for it.

ravine is right. his/her "handle" [[eye2eyepi) was smack dab in our faces

eye2eyepi Guest

hold on guys......regarding stella....when i recieved the request to locate info. Pertaining to citizenship and other identifyable info... Time was of the essence!!!!!!!!!! She was so well know by the people of detroit, that was the fastest way to spread the word....in response to your shame full way to get the government to pay her medical expenses well.....let me inform you that the facility she has cared for her, has done so at their expense for two years.....nothing from anyone, not the government, state, private donatins....nothing!!!!!!!! It was never stated that she needed a surgical proceedure!!!!
    as for those of you trying to scandalize my efforts, this was certaintly not an undercover case so why wouldn't i use our name....we purposely used our true informatioon....no slip there!!!!!!! As for our efforts they were pro-bono...everyone was just trying to help!!!!!!!
    it is so sad that we recieved apprx. 70 responses from those who knew stella offering to help and assist however they could, and out of the blue someone that no good intention but to bring disgrace upon everyone's kind efforts and support. How could you be so idiotic and disgraceful?
    on a personal note....before you pubically attack and question ones professional integrity, i would strongly advise that you educatuate yourself and be positive of the facts to prevent yourself from making false and slanderous statements as some of you clearly have done in this instance. Utilizing these measures could prevent a potential legal issues as well as making you look like unkind, ignoranat, irresponsible and foolish!!!!!
    please allow me to also take this time to thank all of you that reached out to help. I also with to thank those of you that were kind and giving to stella in her days of dispair. Especially the detroit p.d.
    sincerley,
    eye2eye

Oh big whatever.

Ravine Guest

I'm educatuated enough that I don't think I'm too ignoranat.

Besides, my point wasn't really about casting aspersions on the original request or the requestor. My point is that a person wholly unknown to us-- in the sense that any of us are "known" to each other-- walked in here, looking for information about Stella, and a bunch of people jumped up as though Stella was some kind of goddam civic treasure that was meaningful to all of us, like she was "Our Stella," or something.

Eye2eye, there wasn't anything all that shady about what you did. Maybe the reason for the somewhat angry reaction you're seeing is rooted in a sense of embarrassment over the foolish, knee-jerk reaction from folks who, seemingly, never stopped to wonder who the hell you are or what your real interests were.

You notice that Ray specifically requested that he not be involved?

Quote Originally Posted by eye2eyepi View Post

i would strongly advise that you educatuate yourself
    Physician, heal thyself.

Ravine Guest

Yeah, well, her spelling may be lousy, but keep in mind that the woman identified herself and posted a phone number. She didn't bluntly state who she represented, or what her interests specifically were, but nobody here has any business acting like she snuck up on us and pulled some dirty, low-down trick.

Here, I spell and grammar checked that for you. You know, with Word.
    Hold on guys......regarding Stella....when I received the request to locate info. Pertaining to citizenship and other identifiable info... Time was of the essence!!!!!!!!!! She was so well know by the people of Detroit, that was the fastest way to spread the word....in response to your shame full way to get the government to pay her medical expenses well.....let me inform you that the facility she has cared for her, has done so at their expense for two years.....nothing from anyone, not the government, state, private donations....nothing!!!!!!!! It was never stated that she needed a surgical procedure!!!!
    As for those of you trying to scandalize my efforts, this was certainly not an undercover case so why wouldn't I use our name....we purposely used our true information....no slip there!!!!!!! As for our efforts they were pro-bono...everyone was just trying to help!!!!!!!
    It is so sad that we received approximately. 70 responses from those who knew Stella offering to help and assist however they could, and out of the blue someone that no good intention but to bring disgrace upon everyone's kind efforts and support. How could you be so idiotic and disgraceful?
    on a personal note....before you publically attack and question ones professional integrity, I would strongly advise that you educate yourself and be positive of the facts to prevent yourself from making false and slanderous statements as some of you clearly have done in this instance. Utilizing these measures could prevent a potential legal issues as well as making you look like unkind, ignorant, irresponsible and foolish!!!!!
    Please allow me to also take this time to thank all of you that reached out to help. I also with to thank those of you that were kind and giving to Stella in her days of despair. Especially the Detroit P.D.
    Sincerely,
    eye2eye

"She didn't bluntly state who she represented, or what her interests specifically were, but nobody here has any business acting like she snuck up on us and pulled some dirty, low-down trick."

Nope, I don't think it was a low-down dirty trick, just crappy; however, if she would have honestly posted why she was after what she was after, I doubt she would have gotten the information she did. She full well knew that or else she wouldn't have phrased everything the way she did. Her "defense" of "I didn't say she need a surgical procedure" is a tacky white-wash because she used the term "medical" instead of "surgical", that left the door open for the backtrack.

It's just a shitty thing to come on to a website where this topic has obviously been talked about, people have waxed nostalgic about it and use that to her advantage without being fully honest. She implied that there was "trouble afoot and action needed to be taken in order to avoid horrible consequences" and played on the emotional. As we later find out, Stella was gone already, or pending, when she posted this. Underhanded? Nope. All she did was use this boards goodwill against itself, but that's alright, it was for a "professional" purpose. It's not like the place got hosed by a troll or something. Hell, Patty is a PI, and there's no crying in baseball!

Honestly, Patty gets a gold star for this one and serves an example that you can't believe everything you read on the internets. Unfortunately, when something goes down next time, people can thank Patty for giving them the apprehension they will have believing what they read about people they know.

This place just lost another level of its virginity, that's all.

Why didn't the nursing home two years ago when Stella first arrived there seek the needed information? They probably would of found that information if they contacted the media.

Kinda ironic that Stella passes a few days after this was posted.
    R.I.P. Stella.

Ravine Guest

"This place just lost another level of its virginity, that's all."

I think that's a really, really good way of summing it up, Baselinepunk. Nice work.

Your assertion that DY!'s goodwill was used against itself is pretty sharp, too. I like the way you put things.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I felt something was a bit 'off' from the beginning.

Cest la vis.

Wait, this thread isn't about a Woodward light rail car named Desire that drops people off at urban grocery stores and the new hockey arena and gets us out of our dependence on our own industry?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast