Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 14509glenfield View Post
    Just a question regarding Palin.
    "What was your experience like at WOODSTOCK"?
    Assuming attendance.
    Not sure what you meant by that, but she would've been too young to remember it if she went.

Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post
    Newscorp's '09 loss is relevant to this discussion how?

Duh -- Newscorp owns Fox

Duh, no kidding. Answer my question. What does Newscorp's loss have to do with the fact Fox News made $700,000,000 [[other than the fact Newscorp's loss would have been much greater than it was.) [[Newscorp's still writing down goodwill from the WSJ acquisition, by the way.)

Rb, do you think you're going to tell me much about business that I don't know? I doubt it. [[And, I admit that after many, many years in many successful businesses, I have much to learn. But, not from you.)

What does any of this have to do with the fact that Fox News is for idiots?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Duh -- Newscorp owns Fox

ejames, I can't do anything but agree with that...

I was at someone's house the other night and they had it on, what a waste of electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Comparing Faux News to Fox Entertainment Group [[which I remind you is partially owned by NBC) is like comparing Pears to Apples.
    How so? They both create imaginative little stories with a range of objectives from stirring our emotions to making us laugh to making us cry. And at the end of the day, anyone with a brain knows it wasn't real.

All they need at the end of each show is the Law and Order disclaimer. "Although inspired in part by a true incident, the following story is fictional and does not depict any actual person or event."

Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    How so? They both create imaginative little stories with a range of objectives from stirring our emotions to making us laugh to making us cry. And at the end of the day, anyone with a brain knows it wasn't real.

All they need at the end of each show is the Law and Order disclaimer. "Although inspired in part by a true incident, the following story is fictional and does not depict any actual person or event."
    Well you got me there.

At least one doesn't pretend to be a cable news organization.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    What does any of this have to do with the fact that Fox News is for idiots?!?!?
    Watch "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War On Journalism" and everything will clear up for you.

Even Billo The Clown said it himself on a 60 mintutes interview if anyone has a problem with the conduct on his show, they will have to take it up with his boss [[AKA Roger Ailes and Rupert Morduch).

"Fox News made $700,000,000"

Randolph Hearst and Father Charles Coughlin made lots of money too.
    They polite term was "yellow journalism".

And if popularity is a measure of success, well Coleman A. Young was a very popular mayor of Detroit, reelected repeatedly. He must have been one of the best mayors we ever had, correct?

This is not to say I see Sarah Palin in an entirely negative light. One of her finest accomplishments has been to help divide the sick cult formerly known as the GOP.
    Last edited by barnesfoto; January-13-10 at 01:11 AM.

It was quite comical after Billy O's loofah ordeal, he changed his mind on many issues[[ I watched him at the time, I'll admit it). I theorized at the time, they had him [[probably a set up), and he had to play ball or get tossed.

They are all such phony bastards, you can see it in their eyes, that glazed over rehearsed look of intent, like that of a Hoover vacuum or used car salesman. Dead in the eyes. No conscience.

One of her first assignments will be covering ...that "fine" little group called the teabaggers... I hope she checks some of their backgrounds [[especially since in the south many KKKers are supporting their efforts)....oh that's right she supported secession she will feel right at home...

Barnesfoto, you're not referring to the type of yellow journalism practiced by MSNBC are you? The MSNBC I'm referring to is that paragon of even-handed journalism which is honest enough not to make any claim to being fair and balanced.

By the way, Coleman Young was the best Detroit mayor in the last 50 years, although that's not saying much. [[I'm leaving Dave Bing out of it since he has the potential to do the right thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post
    Barnesfoto, you're not referring to the type of yellow journalism practiced by MSNBC are you?
    Not many think of MSNBC as a major source of news. Fox, on the other hand has many devote followers who believe everything shown and reported is the gospel truth, including the crap preached by their "commentators" [[i.e. Beck, O'Reily, etc.)

I would have expected that everyone would be happy about Sarah's new program. Her supporters for obvious reasons and her detractors because, if they are correct, she will validate their opinions that she has her foot in her mouth. If that turns out top be the case, she will provide ammunition that can be used against her in a coming election. On the other hand, if she exceeds expectations, it could reopen her political opportunities.. My guess is that she will, like Huckabee, become another obscure talking head, less mythical and too familiar.

oladub I certainly hope you are right...I think that enough people take her "understanding and talking points" serious enough to continue to stroke her and the teabaggers agenda... She is an anchor person who knows how to play the camera...but her rhetoric will expose just how shallow it really is and her hidden history hopefully will come out..I doubt it; too many people are holding on to her persona.

Hot off the presses!

Rupert Murdoch's kin declares war on right-wing slant at Fox News

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Rup...899/story.html

yep heard that also in the past one of his sons disagreed with Murdoch's view on the muddled east and got a strong dressing down...cracks in the fortress...we can only hope. good catch 313

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    One of her first assignments will be covering ...that "fine" little group called the teabaggers...
    $500,000 for a pic of Sarah actually teabagging

Hey, I'm all for it. The more exposure that Sarah Palin and the teabaggers get, the more castrated and irrelevant the Party of No becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    oladub I certainly hope you are right...I think that enough people take her "understanding and talking points" serious enough to continue to stroke her and the teabaggers agenda... She is an anchor person who knows how to play the camera...but her rhetoric will expose just how shallow it really is and her hidden history hopefully will come out..I doubt it; too many people are holding on to her persona.
    But as the Daily Show pointed out last night, her spot on TV will give her a bully pulpit from which she can respond to any in depth story created about her. So Sixty Minutes could spend many months and dollars putting together a story about her, and then she could just say, "It ain't so" to millions of people.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    But as the Daily Show pointed out last night, her spot on TV will give her a bully pulpit from which she can respond to any in depth story created about her. So Sixty Minutes could spend many months and dollars putting together a story about her, and then she could just say, "It ain't so" to millions of people.
    True enough, but it'll be hysterical in multiple ways.

Since Palin is a liar, she'll fit right in with nut jobs Beck and Bill O.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/geoffr..._b_356347.html

For instance, lie number five:

1. Palin contends to have been saddled with legal bills of more than $500,000 resulting from what she calls "frivolous" ethics complaints filed against her. The lion's share of those bills resulted from the ethics complaint she filed against herself in a legal maneuver to sidestep the Troopergate charges being brought against her by the bipartisan Alaska Legislative Council.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Since Palin is a liar, she'll fit right in with nut jobs Beck and Bill O.
    And Obama and Biden and Bush and Cheney.... and everyone on CNN and MSNBC..... what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    ..... what's your point?
    Everyone knows Fox is more tabloid and less substance than the rest of the mainstream media.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Everyone knows Fox is more tabloid and less substance than the rest of the mainstream media.
    Except the people who watch Fox News!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast