Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by ekleezy View Post
    I did a tour of this building recently. It still has a few months left before it's completed but it looks like it's going to be really nice. Not sure it's worth $800+ for a one bedroom though. Everything's brand new but the size is really lacking for that price.
    what's the square footage for one bedroom?
    anybody know how parking is handled?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    what's the square footage for one bedroom?
    anybody know how parking is handled?
    I can't tell you the square footage but I would assume it's close to $2/sf. The one bedrooms had a bedroom, bathroom and then the kitchen/dining room/living room were all one bigger room combined.

They don't have any parking guarantees for residents. Just street parking in the area. It sounded like they want to find a way to provide parking but there's nothing right now.

I personally would want a bigger apartment for the price, but you're definitely getting what you pay for if you live here.

From what I remember, all utilities are included except electricity, there's a 24/7 concierge on duty, this building actually has central heating and cooling that each resident can control [[most buildings in the area only have radiators), everyone has access to the roof where there's a nice view and a community grill, and for people who play musical instruments there is a soundproof practice room in the basement.

Default A City Treasure Is Reopening Soon

This building [[treasure) has been receiving a fair amount of press. Fox2Detroit has a video on the renovations going on [[impressive) at the Forest Arms Apartment. There has been attention to details – a stroll back through time.

Fox2Detroit has a video on the renovations at the Forest Arms Apartment as well. I watched it on tv, and I highly recommend, but I can’t find it.

I was so upset when that caught fire [[nowhere near as bad as those who lost much property). It was one of many places in the Cass Corridor that many folks I knew lived at [[like the A,B,C building & 460 on Prentis, Philips Manor, etc.). This was back when three persons could split a 3-bedroom at $375 a month [[+ utilities), and the phone bill was so optional, that many didn't care if they went a few months without a phone at all [[those were the days when payphones were more common and a neighbor, friend, or relative could easily track you down and tell you if the call was that important from your boss regarding schedules-because bosses were just not that imposing pushy then.).

My best memory was that there was a girl there who I wasn't too sure if I had an interest in. Being someone with no developed sense of play with bad nutrition, being high, and taking stupid criticism about her from my roommates too much to heart [[a devious tactic they employed in my company to try an sway me from her, so that they had a better chance with her ) all too subtly caught up with me, so that when I was at her house for the night, I was so dazed and ended up opting [[like an idiot) for sleeping on the couch with her psycho cat lunging at my feet. Yeah, some regret there.

Hoping this place bounces back.

Quote Originally Posted by ekleezy View Post
    I did a tour of this building recently. It still has a few months left before it's completed but it looks like it's going to be really nice. Not sure it's worth $800+ for a one bedroom though. Everything's brand new but the size is really lacking for that price.
    On their Facebook page as of 4/11, they said only 25 units were left. So if that was true, the market certainly seems to think the prices are reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    On their Facebook page as of 4/11, they said only 25 units were left. So if that was true, the market certainly seems to think the prices are reasonable.
    If true, very impressive how quickly quality housing units are being snapped up around WSU and Midtown.

That shows to developers [[and lenders) that the demand is there.

Curbed is reporting that the Forest Arms is at full occupancy [[I think "full rented" or a different term would have been better, since there are no "occupants" presently) and move-ins haven't even started yet. I guess there really must be demand for additional quality housing in Midtown.

http://detroit.curbed.com/2016/5/11/...full-occupancy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3