Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I found these images in a 1953 issue of Michigan Architect and Engineer.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks for the photo of the Tower Theater. I lived within walking distance of the Beverly so that is where I mostly attended war, sci-fi, monster movies. Even at that tender age of 7-8 years old, I could tell the Beverly was in better condition than the Tower. One thing that does stick in my memory of the Tower was the presence of a very large truck tire from the business next door that kids would climb over or get within while waiting for the telephone booth to clear so kids could call their folks to be picked up.

The Tower was one of the most impressive theaters at night...lots of multicolored neon and uplighting on the "tower" portion of the facade. Wish I had been a few years older and appreciated it more and photographed it. The Riviera was also a tour de force in neon and chase light circuits. The huge vertical sign was outlined in neon.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    I found these images in a 1953 issue of Michigan Architect and Engineer.
    Thanks for posting - as a kid, I would race my brother [[stairs vs escalator). It was a really-really nice store.....all of the neighbors shopped there, they had everything!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2