Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Most cities that attract conventions, trade shows, and other events which bring in large numbers of out-of-towners to spend money have found ways to keep the local orcs from mingling in the districts where the out-of-towners will stay, eat, drink, and hold their function. In Miami, they hold car and boat shows at the convnetion center in Miami Beach and the lads from Liberty City [[bad part of Miami featured in Grand Theft Auto game) are pretty much kept away by aggressive policing.
    What a horrible word choice. These bad kids are still human beings, not the vile "orcs" from Tolkien's legendarium. Here is yet another example of people feeling that those who are different aren't really people.

And to everyone else, while I think what they did was despicable [[that is, if they did it -- the details of the story are sketchy), I wonder what people propose we do with kids like these, other than rain curses down on their heads. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt for 30+ years. Something needs to change. What should it be?

Rideron Guest

What to do about it?

How about f**king PUNISHMENT, sure swift, open and notorious?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post
    What to do about it?

How about f**king PUNISHMENT, sure swift, open and notorious?

Ah but casscorridor says it's all America's fault

I am mostly with you on this, but I suggest one extra touch.

Since Casscorrider suggests that Detroit's economy is like it was in the days of Al Capone why not take away the gangs' number 1 soure of income by legalizing narcotics within the Detroit metro area.

Let churches sell weed, crack etc to raise money...At the same time crack down on violent criminals, treat teenage gangsters as adults, make it a crime punishable by life in prison to be in a street gang.

Fund the cost of additional police required and equipment with money raised by legalizing and taxing drugs...That would be exactly what happened to organized crime in the 1930s

smudge pot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    And to everyone else, while I think what they did was despicable
    I think these boys handled themselves quite well. They planned, and they executed with discipline and dash. If we're going to despise something, let's instead despise the moral infrastructure of this city.

Let's despise the parents, and let's despise the charlatans who thump the Bible and shout every Sunday. There is still a future for these kids, but someone needs to step up and have a talk with them, a big brother, a returning war vet, a respected coach or teacher.

But it's too early to despise these kids, especially if you have some familiarity with the typical depravity and cowardice of ghetto crime. These kids need to quit while they're ahead, and someone who cares needs to help them do it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3