Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Woodward Line Stations

I have a question about station alignments for the Woodward Line light-rail.
    DTOGS vs. M1* I don't think the final station alignments have been announced.

Foxtown [[I hate this name and propose moving it to Grand Circus Park for DPM connection)
    Temple*
    MLK/Mack [[Medical Center South)
    Canfield [[Medical Center North)*
    Warren [[Cultural Center)
    Palmer [[Wayne State University)*
    Piquette
    Grand
    Euclid - my proposed new station
    Hazelwood [[my proposed change location 2 block north to Clairmount)
    Calvert
    Glendale
    Manchester
    McNichols
    7 Mile
    Fairgrounds

Grand Blvd/New Center station just south of Grand Blvd. I think this is too far from the next proposed station, Hazelwood [[.8 Miles), so I recomend adding a station at Euclid [[.5 miles) and moving the next station 2 blocks north of Hazelwood, which is Clairmount [[.45 miles from previous station, Euclid and .5 miles to next station, Clavert). After that the stations would begin getting further apart. Especialy after McNichols, where 1 mile spacing would begin.

It is my opinion, that if the entire track has an exclusive Right-of-way, with traffic signal priority, and that if the train is light-rail and not street car, it can be superior to driving, even with added stations. Stations closer together maxamizes their impact on the neighborhoods. Let's count on a seperate commuter rail for commuter traffic from northern Oakland county. The Fairgrounds station is close enough to the Southern Oakland county suburbs to park and ride.

Anyway, my question is, What do you all think?
    Last edited by casscorridor; January-07-10 at 05:30 PM.