Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I see no persecution of Atheism. I do see Atheists getting their knickers in a twist because someone may be expressing a belief that they don't agree with. Reference ACLU. They give one the idea that they might just be a bit narrow minded and bigoted. Their way or the highway. They just provide fuel for the religious hand wringers. They aren't bothering folks like myself one bit. They want to protest? That's their right. They want to get in my realm and spout shit, they can expect it back.

The answer: Death Panels. It's the only affordable option.

Elganned, Right again..

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    I see no persecution of Atheism. I do see Atheists getting their knickers in a twist because someone may be expressing a belief that they don't agree with. Reference ACLU. They give one the idea that they might just be a bit narrow minded and bigoted. Their way or the highway. They just provide fuel for the religious hand wringers. They aren't bothering folks like myself one bit. They want to protest? That's their right. They want to get in my realm and spout shit, they can expect it back.
    I don't believe in Athiests. And the Christian faith is the most whiny bunch I've seen in my life. I don't hear all that BS from Buddists or Hindus. Nope. Just the Christians. And they will be the majority religion for the rest of my life at the very least. Note to them: Quit whining for Christ's sake.

And I didn't know that we had elected you king, SStashmoo. Your realm?
    Last edited by Stosh; January-07-10 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Forgot an S in SStashmoo.

realm

A community or territory over which a sovereign rules; a kingdom.
    2. A field, sphere, or province: the realm of science.

We each have our own "realm" we are in charge of, if you don't, that must suck.

Christianity is the only religion under attack in this country, period. It doesn't change my view any on it. Comedians aren't making fun of Buddhists or Islam. Christianity in the media is never shown in a positive light, matter of fact it is portrayed that anyone involved is obviously mentally ill, a psycho, someone to look out for.
    Someday you'll figure out why. Maybe not.

Stosh Guest

1. A community or territory over which a sovereign rules; a kingdom.

I can't see where any of the above applies to you. You are not a sovereign, nor a scientist. I suppose then my realm is keeping you grounded in reality? Must really suck then...

Christianity is the only religion under attack in this country, period. It doesn't change my view any on it. Comedians aren't making fun of Buddhists or Islam. Christianity in the media is never shown in a positive light, matter of fact it is portrayed that anyone involved is obviously mentally ill, a psycho, someone to look out for.

I already know why. Because they are whiny. It is never shown in a popular light strictly because of the nutjobs that are whiny. Same as Islam is under attack for it's extremism. But you seem to ignore THAT... wonder why? Just convenience, to make your little point about the Christian faith.

I'm appalled by some of the homophobic and biased crap coming out of the mouths and keyboards of so-called Christians. What happened to "turn the other cheek?" Try some of the actual teachings of Christ. It might come in handy someday.

Quote: "Try some of the actual teachings of Christ. It might come in handy someday."

You really wanna do this? Your keyboard is writing checks your little mind can't cover. Know that.

Moo, there is a church on every corner and you feel attacked because of something in the media? If you are as secure in your beliefs as you say, then that shouldn't bother you.

Stosh Guest

Quote: "Try some of the actual teachings of Christ. It might come in handy someday."

You really wanna do this? Your keyboard is writing checks your little mind can't cover. Know that.
    Honestly.... you are so full of yourself. And full of IT. Go for it. Any time. My little mind? Don't make me laugh. At least I know how to use the quote function on a message board. And no Old Testament quotes. Just Christ's teachings. You know.. tolerance. Forgiveness, that kind of stuff. His actual words. Not yours. Then and only then can you actually prove to me and justify the venom you spew about others.

One of my favorite websites is http://www.thewords.com/

The words of Jesus, unfiltered. From Page 9 of this website:

Let the second commandment then be: love your neighbor as you love yourself.
    This is my commandment: that you love one another as I have loved you! There is no greater law, and there is no greater love manifest than the act of giving up one's life for a friend.

Whoever lives contrary to this commandment will be least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever abides by this law, teaching others the joy of obedience, will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. I have told you all of these things that my joy might remain with you, and that your joy might be full.

You have heard it said, “It is only right to love your friends and hate your enemies.”

But I ask you to love your enemies. Bless those who curse you. Show goodness to those who hate you. Pray for those who despise and mistreat you. Doing this, you will become the children of your Father in heaven; for he makes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain to refresh the just and the unjust. If you love only those who love you in return, where is the reward? Even the corrupt live by these rules.

Instead, love one another as I have loved you. Doing this, everyone will realize that you are my disciples, because your lives are filled with acts of selfless love. Do not be deceived: if you say that you truly love me, your life will be lived according to my words and you will be honored by my Father and blessed with his presence.

If you hear my words and act accordingly, you will be loved by my Father and by me as well, and we will come and make our dwelling with you.

God loves you because you have believed in me, his son, and understood that I am come to you from him. Practice this awareness. Keep my words, and live in this love, even as I follow my Father's laws, and by doing so, abide continually in his love.
    http://www.thewords.com/thewords/page9.htm

Oh and just for fun 's sake, you DO realize that Allah and God the Father are one and the same Deity, don't you? So if you are blasting Islam's faith and Allah, you are torpedoing your OWN faith.

And another fun fact. They consider Christ a great prophet as well.
    Last edited by Stosh; January-08-10 at 10:10 AM.

what shit are you actually talking about?

I see no persecution of Atheism. I do see Atheists getting their knickers in a twist because someone may be expressing a belief that they don't agree with.
    For five seconds can you pay attention? I know it's difficult and you cant resist blasting out a snarky remark and getting spittle all over your keyboard while you rant....but bear with me. The topic of debate here is a "public figure" [[being generous there) sat on a national news commentary program and on a nationally broadcast news network [[were not talking 700 club here) and proselytized his religion to a total stranger while simultaneously denigrating the beliefs of billions of adherent to an ancient religion. I would think someone so devout would find that offensive. of course the topper on the whole issue is Hume's gay son's suicide on the eve of his being outed in smarmy bit of political intrigue. So Hume proselytizing about a religion that would cast out his own son is worthy of comment.

But setting aside the gay son angle... just imagine the horror and outrage if Hume were a devout Buddhist instead and encouraged Tiger to abandon Christianity ? would he even make it to the end of the show before the hue and cry of the mob got him fired? would he even be able to leave the building without police protection?

NOTHING that comes from Faux News should be shocking.

It's jusr a huge circus, and they all have their own special act...

*Glenn Beck as the Rodeo Clown
    *Sean Hannity as the Lion
    *Rupert Murdoch as the Master of Ceremonies
    *Roger Ailes as the Ringmaster
    *Alan Colmes as the Lion Tamer
    *Chris Wallace as the Juggler
    *Bill O'Reilly as the fire eater
    *Brit Hume as the Acrobat
    *Shepard Smith as the magician

Brit Hume did nothing more than bend the conservative "a god-loving christian is holier than thou" ideology into the distorted right-wing news broadcast. They do it all the time, it just wasn't as subtle this time. I really don't understand why this is being discussed when it should have been simply ignored since what happened won't stop anyone from watching their non-news station nor will Faux News' acrobat lose his job [[which likely would have occurred if he were with any other news organization).
    Last edited by 313WX; January-08-10 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    NOTHING that comes from Faux News should be shocking.

It's jusr a huge circus, and they all have their own special act...

*Glenn Beck as the Rodeo Clown
    *Sean Hannity as the Lion
    *Rupert Murdoch as the Master of Ceremonies
    *Roger Ailes as the Ringmaster
    *Alan Colmes as the Lion Tamer
    *Chris Wallace as the Juggler
    *Bill O'Reilly as the fire eater
    *Brit Hume as the Acrobat
    *Shepard Smith as the magician

Brit Hume did nothing more than bend the conservative "a god-loving christian is holier than thou" ideology into the distorted right-wing news broadcast. They do it all the time, it just wasn't as subtle this time. I really don't understand why this is being discussed when it should have been simply ignored since what happened won't stop anyone from watching their non-news station nor will Faux News' acrobat lose his job [[which likely would have occurred if he were with any other news organization).
    I won't count Colmes and Smith in that category. They do seem to realize that there's a lot of crazyness going on in conservative circles. It's not surprising that Hannity and Colmes seperated ways.

Meanwhile, here's Jon Stewart's take on this issue. Hahhaha!!!

Pam, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy on this thread, and watching their heads spin.

Quote: "what shit are you actually talking about? "

"After all-- to a chirstianist a dead son is preferable to a gay one."

Genius here claims he meant "Christianist" and not "Christian". First of all there is no such thing as a "Christianist", secondly I asked this person to back up this claim and they go collect a bunch of links to religious whacko websites from some other nutjob website he obviously frequents. Judging by his screwed up attitude and juvenile ramblings.

In short it is total bullshit.

Quote: "Honestly.... you are so full of yourself."

Your point?

Quote: "Any time. My little mind? Don't make me laugh. At least I know how to use the quote function on a message board."

I think I speak for everyone here when I say I'm very proud of you.

Stosh Guest

Quote: "Honestly.... you are so full of yourself."

Your point?
    Your point? And you forgot the rest of the quote too.

"Any time. My little mind? Don't make me laugh. At least I know how to use the quote function on a message board."

I think I speak for everyone here when I say I'm very proud of you.
    Well, thanks for the compliment. Of course the sentiment isn't reciprocal.

Pam, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy on this thread, and watching their heads spin.

Quote: "what shit are you actually talking about? "

"After all-- to a chirstianist a dead son is preferable to a gay one."

Genius here claims he meant "Christianist" and not "Christian". First of all there is no such thing as a "Christianist", secondly I asked this person to back up this claim and they go collect a bunch of links to religious whacko websites from some other nutjob website he obviously frequents. Judging by his screwed up attitude and juvenile ramblings.

In short it is total bullshit.
    I dont' know how to dumb it down enough for you, but for the THIRD time I said "christainist" AND MEANT christainist. It is a descriptor along the lines of Islamist. Here's a Time artcle from 2006... http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...191826,00.html. Not that I would expect you to read it.

Just as a ps.... I just want to be clear that you are continually referring to the Southern Poverty law Center as a wacko organization/website. As a point of personal curiosity, are you an actual member of the KKK or just a fan on facebook?

Quote: "As a point of personal curiosity, are you an actual member of the KKK or just a fan on facebook? "

meh..

Blarf Guest

The only gripe I really have against Tiger is that some of the skanks he was banging were hideous hags who looked worn out and used up like sperm dumpsters. Some of them looked pretty hot, but filthy at the same time.

At the very least, his taste in women is consistent. His biggest mistake was getting married. I'm sure it was good for his fabricated image and all, but the divorcee is going to end up costing him a ton of money and a tarnished image.

Either way he's set for life. He's an ultimate pimp.

It is kind of amazing that a distinguished organization like the Southern Poverty Law Center is being dismissed in that way. But this forum is consistently batshit, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Yep you just gotta shake your head sometimes as to the "love" these guys show for their fellow human beings. WWJD? Really? My thoughts would be more along the lines of forgiveness and acceptance instead of condemnation.
    Why accept gays when you can "fix" them? Or rather,Jesus can " fix" them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    I don't give two shits what Brit Hume thinks. I care more about the sanity of America. And having witnessed close up and personal the predudices of so called "christians", I feel it's worth a mention. These groups above are just the tip of the iceberg. Trust me.

There are lots of groups that don't give public voice in the matter. I will give those listed in the group above credit. They have the balls to say publicly what the majority of fundies say privately. That does not make it right, it's what is taught.

And what is taught is the narrow interpretation of the Bible, the usual abomination stuff. It's their lives, and afterlife, if beliefs are taken into account. I say that's between themselves and their God, if there is one. And using sexual preferences for political purposes is wrong, as long as it's within the confines of their bedroom, who cares?
    And now the Michigan Constitution has an amendment that discriminates against people based on their sexual orientation. Makes a person proud. Not.

It's like when they get divorced, is she still your sister...
    'Course not. She's still yer furst cusin.

I'll never understand "Atheism". They claim to not believe in something and at the same time cannot shut up about it, or pass up an opportunity to take a juvenile swipe at it. If I don't believe in something the last f*cking thing I want to do is discuss my disbelief, If one were to mention the Lochness monster around me, I'd simply cut my eyes on them and walk away.
    Atheists have only become active since the fundies have tried to teach children science a la the Bible. People in general have put up with a lot of religionist nonsense like prayers before football and basketball games.

There is more to their rhetoric than simple disbelief. They have an agenda. They actually research their refusal to believe, they have lists and sources cocked and loaded ready to support their disbelief argument, that they always start incidentally.
    Yeah, they got all that thar larning and stuff they 'spect you to read an' all.

I think the real quarrel is with themselves. They know the truth.
    Actually, I hear fundies extoll on their "truth" much more so than atheists. The more you know about the natural world, the more skeptical you tend to be.

What do you not believe in that you'd like to discuss and have a heated debate about, and spend time researching?
    Nothing. I see no point in argueing opinions based on nothing except someone's fantasies.

I see no persecution of Atheism. I do see Atheists getting their knickers in a twist because someone may be expressing a belief that they don't agree with. Reference ACLU. They give one the idea that they might just be a bit narrow minded and bigoted. Their way or the highway.
    Actually, if you knew anything about the ACLU you'd know that they base their cases on the Constitution which is the law of the land. It's the Constitution's way or the highway.

They just provide fuel for the religious hand wringers. They aren't bothering folks like myself one bit. They want to protest? That's their right. They want to get in my realm and spout shit, they can expect it back.
    You may not mind your child being taught pseudo creation "science" by a bunch of liars and snake oil salesmen, but I do. Fundamentalist religions of all stripe represent an enormous step back towards the dark ages.

realm

A community or territory over which a sovereign rules; a kingdom.

Christianity is the only religion under attack in this country, period.
    You have forgotten Islam, maybe? I hear a lot of hatred toward Islam because of some Islamists. I hear very little criticism of the Christian Dominionists like Doug Coe's Family who are trying to undermine our democracy from within. Just because they are not blowing up things and people, doesn't mean they are not destructive.

Christianity in the media is never shown in a positive light,
    Xtianity is the predominant religion here so it is the main target for attack especially when lying fundies are rewriting U.S. history and spouting that this is a xtian nation. We certainly don't treat our poor very well for a "xtian" nation. Jesus must be rolling in his grave.

matter of fact it is portrayed that anyone involved is obviously mentally ill, a psycho, someone to look out for.
    Where do you see such portrayals? Every Sunday, preachers are all over the airwaves with their snake oil. And D. James Kennedy spent a lot of TV time denigrating secular humanists as though they were the minions of some devil.

Someday I'll figure out why you have to be mentally ill to be a religionist? Or is that a badly-worded threat of hell which your sadistic religion teaches about?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast