Does anybody know if these projects got off the ground? I have some information in my files-sorry I live in mid-Michigan and can't get to Detroit often.
I hope this thread is of some interest.
Here's some background on the projects:
English Village started construction in February of 2001, and will ultimately contain 105 market rate townhouse condominiums, The developers of English Village, Victor Semelsberger and Michael Tyson [[the boxer?), are also actively working on the redevelopment of the former St. Charles School. The school will be transformed into 26 market rate for sale loft condominiums, .
Church of the Messiah Housing Corporation is a Community Housing Development Organization [[CHDO) located in the heart of the Islandview Community. .
Responding to the need for affordable for sale housing, Messiah Housing Corporation has started construction on the first phase of BellevueVillage. Bellevue Village, located on Helen Street between St. Paul and Agnes, consists of ten single family for sale homes priced at $145,000 with up to $55,000 in subsidy available per house. In addition Messiah has partnered with Islandview Village Development Corporation to construct 20 additional homes for sale in the IslandviewVillage Project, located on Baldwin and Field Streets. These homes are also affordably priced starting at $165,000.